PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP Software Issues/Unresolved Issues/Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Are you guys all replying on you're pro's or are you on an actuall computer? I can't write anything on ppc geeks from my touch pro
I'm about to chat with tech support to resolve several issues. Can't connect to Sprint EV-DO, which affects weather and Opera connecting.

I can't even register for picture mail because it's saying that my phone number isn't a valid Sprint phone number...wtf?...LOL.

Email won't send because it won't connect to Sprint server.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I'm about to chat with tech support to resolve several issues. Can't connect to Sprint EV-DO, which affects weather and Opera connecting.

I can't even register for picture mail because it's saying that my phone number isn't a valid Sprint phone number...wtf?...LOL.

Email won't send because it won't connect to Sprint server.
your having major problems. Did you try to reprogram your phone. Ask for your msl and msid, then reprogram it. Aslo before I was able to send pics someone had to send one to me first then it started working.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:12 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
your having major problems. Did you try to reprogram your phone. Ask for your msl and msid, then reprogram it. Aslo before I was able to send pics someone had to send one to me first then it started working.
Not really major to me though. I can survive, for now...and if I eventually have to exchange the unit, that's fine with me, as long as I get a replacement that's fully functional.

I'm gonna call tech support, have them run through all the proper diagnostics first before I jump to conclusions that I have a defective touch pro. When I'm connected through wi-fi (at home), weather works great, emails send fine.

I'll update you guys on all the fixes. I'm gonna notate the step-by-step that tech support takes me through. Only problem right now is my office bluetooth headset didn't charge right over the weekend, so I probably won't get to it until the afternoon (I have a feeling it's gonna be a long session with tech support...LOL).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Has anybody noticed a problem with deleting messages in the messages folder screen. Maybe im missing this somewhere but the option to delete on the left soft key comes and goes with reply instead. Is this perhaps a side effect of the option for threaded texts?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

as far as connecting to EVDO...you have to be in the area for it, correct? how can i find out if i am? if im not, it will show 1X correct?

-Chez
Old 10-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedda_chez View Post
as far as connecting to EVDO...you have to be in the area for it, correct? how can i find out if i am? if im not, it will show 1X correct?

-Chez
yes.....if you're in an EVDO area..it will show the EV status on top....
Old 10-27-2008, 07:13 PM
VIP Member

Okay, just to update you on the status of my EVDO fix, everything is good except for weather now. Strange thing is, weather updated no problem when I was connected through Wi-Fi to my home wireless.

Anyhow, Tech 2 support had to help me.

- Type ##3282#
- Edited all my information that wasn't inputted

It was as simple as that. Kinda strange because a lot of the info was very old info, so not sure how or if that ever changes because I've since changed some of the info she had me input.

Nontheless, Opera works on EV-DO now, so do emails and picture mail. Kinda strange to me how weather works perfect when connected to home wi-fi.

Tells me it's gotta have something to do with Sprint's connection through EV-DO.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

johnnymac is just getting started

Here's a new one. I have my Garmin XT SD card in the TP (Which works just fine).

Problem, when I connect my TP to my computer via the USB cable, then unplug it, it runs the Garmin Autorun installation popup. Anyone else experience this?
Old 10-27-2008, 09:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ruined is just getting started

Jonny,
If you are using your TP in USB drive mode instead of Active sync anytime you plug into your PC your storage card is unmounted by the TP. As soon as you disconnect the SD card is remounted and the auto exec runs (Similar to removing and replacing your SD card). The easiest solution would be to rename the folder on your SD card called "2577" this is what triggers the auto install.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

New issue I discovered today.......

When using any app, especially one that requires me to be in a data session.... and I receive a phone call... I cannot answer it......

Anyone else have it ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myB9D5StLVY
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G

Last edited by SporkLover; 10-27-2008 at 10:45 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro