PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious
Carrier: Sprint

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
I think this kinda relates to the topic at hand.. I apologize if you don't think so..

Well... I must give major props to Criticalaudioinc...
And everybody else who has contributed information relating to the Touch Pro in this thread...

A website that a few of you may know, wmexperts.com, has picked up on this thread.. Well kinda...

They wrote up an article relating to the original information in the very post.
Here is the article
http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/in...ty_rumors.html
Somebody needs to tell them to STFU! before Critical loses his job. Insiders should be kept as low key as possible.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

TreyB-

you just did tell them, there keeping track of this thread. I'm sure crit knew what he was doing by posting all this info. i mean come on, its the internet and everyone has access to it. i really dont think he will get in trbl. just my $.02.

-Chez
Old 10-22-2008, 09:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Sooo... critical I think you missed my last question because I made an edit to my post. So:

Do you know whether or not the original Diamond/Pro faceted back [GSM diamond battery cover] is still being considered?

Oh, and if HTC/Sprint/Critical's company wanted info from PPCGeeks, they'd need a warrant. And he could be easily traced by the computer he uses to make his posts. But I highly doubt anything will happen. It's not like he's leaking information that we won't find out in 2 weeks
Sauman, this is the only thing I saw him answer regarding a backing (designing another backing for extended battery).
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=157

I'm curious to know if they're designing a "diamond" backing as well? From what I understand, the camera position for GSM vs. CDMA is different.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Sauman, this is the only thing I saw him answer regarding a backing (designing another backing for extended battery).
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=157

I'm curious to know if they're designing a "diamond" backing as well? From what I understand, the camera position for GSM vs. CDMA is different.
Yea that's his post that prompted my question... I really hope they still release an optional diamond back! [or maybe even include it!]
Old 10-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedda_chez View Post
TreyB-

you just did tell them, there keeping track of this thread. I'm sure crit knew what he was doing by posting all this info. i mean come on, its the internet and everyone has access to it. i really dont think he will get in trbl. just my $.02.

-Chez
Damn, whats the deal with the red, do you want me to go into an epileptic seizure? Anyway you are right though this is the internet and this type of stuff spreads very quickly but still though its not like he is giving away trade secrets or something.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by litig8or98 View Post
As for HTC not having a problem with it because it's good "backdoor info dissemination"...I don't think so. The decision about what gets disclosed and what doesn't is made by a guy in a suit; circumventing that would be a no-no.
I meant that it is possible, how ever unlikely it may be, that Critical had permission to release this information, in its current form, in a way that is unofficial yet does not cast HTC in a negative light. I think its called an "allowed leak". But I do not believe this to be true.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

i would love to have the diamond back as well... but with the camera and flash set up on the TPro for sprint thers no way unless someone designs one for ppl like us that want them. i hope so...

-Chez
Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
i would love to have the diamond back as well... but with the camera and flash set up on the TPro for sprint thers no way unless someone designs one for ppl like us that want them. i hope so...

-Chez
That red is killing me
Old 10-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

Quote:

-Chez
Damn come on...giving me a migraine with the colors

Old 10-22-2008, 09:48 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Threadstarter

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
Somebody needs to tell them to STFU! before Critical loses his job. Insiders should be kept as low key as possible.
While I agree in theory, Critical did choose to post here in a public forum (which I appreciate) and only he knows the consequences. He really sounds like he takes pride in his job, so I suspect that he's not worried about any negative blowback from this. For all we know, Sprint and/or HTC wants this info out there to keep interest in the Pro.

It's obviously worked here? Look how much interest we have given it since Critical has given us the inside scoop?

On a side note, I am glad they got all that data before the original thread got deleted. I will add some of it to my main post.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro