PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nyplaya610 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

does any1 know if this phone will be capable of being used as a "phone as modem"?
Old 09-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplaya610 View Post
does any1 know if this phone will be capable of being used as a "phone as modem"?
I think this question has been answered many times before, but yeah, it shouldn't be a problem and if there is there is always a work around.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nyplaya610 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I think this question has been answered many times before, but yeah, it shouldn't be a problem and if there is there is always a work around.
thnx.. i bet it has been answered but with 40 pages on this thread or any other thread its kind of hard to follow
Old 09-14-2008, 10:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
If the mogul can, no reason touch pro wouldn't be able to.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Here's my question, has there been a "hack" that someone on xda developers released that allows you to use the phone as a modem, without having to pay the monthly charge to Sprint?

I haven't done too much customizing with my phone when it comes to stuff like that (for fear of completely messing things up).

Anybody that knows, I'd really appreciate your sharing the 411.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Lurker

Reilly is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Reilly

Alright, my Mogul is about to crawl under my porch and die. Buttons aren't working, screen not as accurate, battery is crap etc.

What are the chances I could buy a Diamond for now, return it and get the pro when it releases? Even if it were delayed I would just have to return it within 30 days, correct? Get a refund and use my mogul until the pro comes out? The thing I'm sorta worried about is if I use the $250 savings and return the phone for a refund, will I still be able to use the savings a second time to purchase the pro?
Old 09-15-2008, 02:18 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
Alright, my Mogul is about to crawl under my porch and die. Buttons aren't working, screen not as accurate, battery is crap etc.

What are the chances I could buy a Diamond for now, return it and get the pro when it releases? Even if it were delayed I would just have to return it within 30 days, correct? Get a refund and use my mogul until the pro comes out? The thing I'm sorta worried about is if I use the $250 savings and return the phone for a refund, will I still be able to use the savings a second time to purchase the pro?
From what I understand, when you do a return, you have to make sure that they change your information back (as if you never purchased the Diamond)...that's only when you do a return.

What I would do is go into a Sprint store and tell show them that your Mogul is dying, but you're really interested in getting a Touch Pro when it is released in October. See if they'll be willing to arrange something with you where you would have a refurbished Mogul temporarily, but then have Sprint notify you when they have the Touch Pro available for you. For me, that would be much less hassle than buying a Diamond...and then return it...have them set up your mogul back as your primary...then going back to the store to get the touch pro.

That's too much time and effort IMO, but for a lot of people who are trying to find ways around paying for the phones, I guess I can see how it would be worth it to them. Me personally, too much hassle to do all of that.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Lurker

Reilly is a n00b

I'm not sure they'd give me a refurb mogul. I bought mine w/o contract at CompUSA.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
From what I understand, when you do a return, you have to make sure that they change your information back (as if you never purchased the Diamond)...that's only when you do a return.

What I would do is go into a Sprint store and tell show them that your Mogul is dying, but you're really interested in getting a Touch Pro when it is released in October. See if they'll be willing to arrange something with you where you would have a refurbished Mogul temporarily, but then have Sprint notify you when they have the Touch Pro available for you. For me, that would be much less hassle than buying a Diamond...and then return it...have them set up your mogul back as your primary...then going back to the store to get the touch pro.

That's too much time and effort IMO, but for a lot of people who are trying to find ways around paying for the phones, I guess I can see how it would be worth it to them. Me personally, too much hassle to do all of that.
Another thing you can do if you want to avoid the hassle, is if you have insurance. You should be able to exchange your phone for another Mogul that way. It should only take a coupld of days to getthe replacement if they do not have one in the store. Use the refirb for until the Pro comes out. Just had to do this with my 700wx and it was painless.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Lurker

Reilly is a n00b

Rad, thanks guys.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro