View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 02:18 PM
drexappeal
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
Alright, my Mogul is about to crawl under my porch and die. Buttons aren't working, screen not as accurate, battery is crap etc.

What are the chances I could buy a Diamond for now, return it and get the pro when it releases? Even if it were delayed I would just have to return it within 30 days, correct? Get a refund and use my mogul until the pro comes out? The thing I'm sorta worried about is if I use the $250 savings and return the phone for a refund, will I still be able to use the savings a second time to purchase the pro?
From what I understand, when you do a return, you have to make sure that they change your information back (as if you never purchased the Diamond)...that's only when you do a return.

What I would do is go into a Sprint store and tell show them that your Mogul is dying, but you're really interested in getting a Touch Pro when it is released in October. See if they'll be willing to arrange something with you where you would have a refurbished Mogul temporarily, but then have Sprint notify you when they have the Touch Pro available for you. For me, that would be much less hassle than buying a Diamond...and then return it...have them set up your mogul back as your primary...then going back to the store to get the touch pro.

That's too much time and effort IMO, but for a lot of people who are trying to find ways around paying for the phones, I guess I can see how it would be worth it to them. Me personally, too much hassle to do all of that.