PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

Please read this entire post!

<<<This is a link to the... FAQ Click it!!>>>

I have created a complete bundle of FroYo with a kernel from GIT (Feb 28 / 1276), and the newest rootfs from GIT (Feb. 24).

Please, feel free to DONATE to the XDAndroid project!

Every little bit helps!

Directions:

1. Download the full bundle (zip). (Updated Mar. 25 2011)

If instead you just want the system.ext2 (zip) file by itself... (Updated Mar. 25 2011)

2. Extract it. You’ll see a folder, FRX06, copy its contents to the root of your SD card.

3. Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device (if you don't know what device you have, you should read the FAQ), and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located two folders deep on the SD, so my rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4. Download the ts-calibration file from this post (should work for all RAPH/DIAM alike) and extract the .zip to where you run haret.exe from - typically the root or 'base' folder of the SD card. Not within any folders, unless you run haret.exe from a folder!

**To calibrate manually, you must use an older kernel from GIT (some have to use 1225) and generate the ts-calibration file. Once you have the calibration file hold on to it (make 15 copies if it's a good one ), reboot & go back to the newest kernel! Thanks**

6. Run haret.exe... Profit!

Let it settle out on the first boot. Many have reported they had to reboot basically because it was so slow - if you let it sit for about 10 mins so the media scanner can go thru everything, etc. it will be much more pleasurable experience. If you want adb in and watch the processes via top, you'll see why the phone seems so slow - there's lots of background processes cranking because this is the first boot .

Troubleshooting:
Please read the... FAQ
If you have any issues with the kernel, feel free to change it:
There are some devices that are having issues with the newest kernels. Please see the kernel autobuild service to get archived kernels. Once you download a replacement kernel, go to where you run haret.exe from - remove your old zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz. Take the new zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz and replace the old ones, same folder - where you run haret.exe from. Make sure the ‘zImage’ is named just that. Do not rename the modules file, do not extract it - should be in .tar.gz format.

In addition, I am using the newest rootfs from GIT - Feb. 24. There are other rootfs options, see F22’s thread if you want to use more keys or move around the home button. Of course, there's always the roofs autobuild service if you want "stock" rootfs images - F22 builds his off of these and modifies them .

Random issues can often be solved by forcing the system to create a new data.img. If you're worried about losing data, Titanium Backup works quite well. If you wish, you can rename the data.img to something else, and let the system create a new one - just to see if it resolves your problem.

Similarly, if you wish try formatting your SD card - I prefer to use the HP Tool - do a full format, FAT32.

Even though this build is considered fairly stable, you are more than likely going to run into issues. The next post will address issues particular to this build - PLEASE READ THESE before asking questions! Feel free to post questions in this thread, I will do my best to address them. Big thanks to stinebd for releasing the system image, and of course the other developers for their hard work on making these kernels available.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ts-calibration.zip (162 Bytes, 424 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 06-05-2011 at 04:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Things broken in this build:
  • BT - pairs but won't pass audio/data

There's a lot of other things that will break at random, I know I list it as stable - but it's not really. Hence the reason it's in quotations.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-30-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Changelog
March 25, 2011

What's new in FRX06 (Minor update)
  • Switched to touch-friendly dialer, along with the VGA layout improvements as seen in Gingerbread
  • Added HSPA icon (for GSM models)
  • modprobe ipv6 by default in user.conf - Google Goggles fix

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-30-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

gustan22 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

It's fast. Thats fosho. I just have constant screen issues where it splits or is off my 2 mm or so. Good work tho!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustan22 View Post
It's fast. Thats fosho. I just have constant screen issues where it splits or is off my 2 mm or so. Good work tho!
Heh which phone. Sounds like the RAPH800 bug...

For whatever reason, you guys have to use the 1242 kernel. Sorry!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

gustan22 is a n00b

Yep. It's the 800.

Thanks! I'll check it out and post again if it doesn't work.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustan22 View Post
Yep. It's the 800.

Thanks! I'll check it out and post again if it doesn't work.
I'll add it to the post of things not working... Thanks for reminding me .
Old 02-14-2011, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Visor is becoming a great contributor

arrrghhh,

First, thanks for posting this.

I have a Raph800. My only problem is I'm having a booger of a time with the screen calibration using the 1242 kernel. I get the first square but after pressing the center of it I can never see the second and third squares. Anything I'm missing here?

Thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visor View Post
arrrghhh,

First, thanks for posting this.

I have a Raph800. My only problem is I'm having a booger of a time with the screen calibration using the 1242 kernel. I get the first square but after pressing the center of it I can never see the second and third squares. Anything I'm missing here?

Thanks
Yea, read what I mentioned after step 5... Some issue with newer kernels, seems to be related to the .35 framebuffer commit.

Edit - once you get a good calibration file, save it in a few locations and just reuse it again and again.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 02-14-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Visor is becoming a great contributor

Ah, 1225. For some reason that registered as 1242 (not enough sleep). I'll try that out after work today.

Thanks and apologies for asking for what was right in front of me...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro