PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visor View Post
Ah, 1225. For some reason that registered as 1242 (not enough sleep). I'll try that out after work today.

Thanks and apologies for asking for what was right in front of me...
No worries. Someone shot me a ts-calibration file from a DIAM, which should work for RAPH as well. I attached it to the first post...
Old 02-16-2011, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Visor is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

OK. Calibration was a snap with the right kernel but after that I could only get it to boot about every fifth time. I got the most recent kernel from the archives (feb 14 I think) which boots faithfully and runs pretty darn smooth. Only problem is it reboots randomly. seems like these guys are getting pretty close with this project.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
OK. Calibration was a snap with the right kernel but after that I could only get it to boot about every fifth time. I got the most recent kernel from the archives (feb 14 I think) which boots faithfully and runs pretty darn smooth. Only problem is it reboots randomly. seems like these guys are getting pretty close with this project.
Hrm... random reboots shouldn't happen, but there's a few reasons for those.

#1 issue is the SD card believe it or not - if you can, try it with a different card.

We are getting close it seems - depending on the device, very close . Thanks for the feedback, hopefully a different SD card will resolve the reboot issues. I was having a lot of reboots and it was driving me batty - did a lot of tracing and my logs all pointed to the SD being bad... swapped it with another one, works great now!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Visor is becoming a great contributor

I'll see if I can pick up another SD card tomorrow. Any recommendations?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
I'll see if I can pick up another SD card tomorrow. Any recommendations?
Kingston or Sandisk.

Keep in mind, if you get a class 6 or 10 it'll be fast transferring files... but not might place nice with Android. Class 4 seems to be the sweet spot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

dethpikil is a n00b

so im fairly new to android, like... so new its ridiculous, so i decided that i wasnt going to use android as my main os until i learned all i could and got it as stable as i possibly could on my phone. so far im having no issues finding little things and fixing them, however there is one problem that i absolutely cannot stand and havent found a fix for. for some reason, the keys one my raph500 werent mapped like theyre supposed to... the home button didnt become the menu button, the lock button didnt become the home button. so i literally have no menu button, which, as you can imagine is quite frustrating, and physically cumbersome. in addition my keyboard keys were mapped funny. my caps lock is the function key, i have no shift to my knowledge, and theres just randomness all about my keyboard. i dont even know were my question mark button is.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethpikil View Post
so im fairly new to android, like... so new its ridiculous, so i decided that i wasnt going to use android as my main os until i learned all i could and got it as stable as i possibly could on my phone. so far im having no issues finding little things and fixing them, however there is one problem that i absolutely cannot stand and havent found a fix for. for some reason, the keys one my raph500 werent mapped like theyre supposed to... the home button didnt become the menu button, the lock button didnt become the home button. so i literally have no menu button, which, as you can imagine is quite frustrating, and physically cumbersome. in addition my keyboard keys were mapped funny. my caps lock is the function key, i have no shift to my knowledge, and theres just randomness all about my keyboard. i dont even know were my question mark button is.
Using the correct startup.txt/physkeyboard setting?

As for no menu, I don't have a RAPH but isn't that the center button? Let me know I can't remember.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Lurker

dethpikil is a n00b

i believe so... it all says raph and raphael. is there no way to manually set these things? i mean, its android after all...
Old 03-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethpikil View Post
i believe so... it all says raph and raphael. is there no way to manually set these things? i mean, its android after all...
Sure, if you feel like hacking the rootfs... Not too difficult, if you know your way around.

I thought I put folders for RAPH500, 800, 110 etc... Perhaps not for RAPH? I need to review that, thanks.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Lurker

dethpikil is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Sure, if you feel like hacking the rootfs... Not too difficult, if you know your way around.

I thought I put folders for RAPH500, 800, 110 etc... Perhaps not for RAPH? I need to review that, thanks.
well no, the folders and startups are correct (er, im assuming) but in the start up, the keyboard is set to raphael, dont let me lead you astray, into thinking youve messed up somewhere. at this point i think my only option is to mess with the rootfs... which i dont really know how to do lol, but i like to consider myself somewhat apt at learning these things, so is there anywhere you can point me to learn?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro