PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeUsername View Post
Sorry if I'm getting a little off-track. I'm trying to give as much info as I can.

As stated in the first post, during the initial boot process, I should see the calibration screen and follow the calibration instructions. I watched the process, but I never saw the screen in the initial boot. I continued not to see a calibration screen at any time that I have booted android.

I used 2 ts-calibration files so far, downloaded and unzipped the one in the first post of this thread and the one in the first post of the froyo bundle.

I do not know how to generate/create a ts-calibration file from the kernels I found.
As I state in the first post on both threads - you have to use an older kernel to manually calibrate. Otherwise, use one of the attached calib files - they're the same file in both threads...

Please, re-read the first post. I think it's pretty clear on how to manually calib - if not, tell me how I should change it.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (RAPH500)
Carrier: Verizon

SomeUsername is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The following I do not understand:
If you want to create your own, use an older kernel from GIT (some have to use 1225) and generate the ts-calibration file.

As I said when I first posted, I am not versed in coding or the fixing of Pocket PCs. I have actively searched these forums on how to generate the ts-calibration file to no avail. It may be clear to the seasoned coder but I do not understand. Do I need to unzip everything in the kernels to find the specific calibration file?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeUsername View Post
The following I do not understand:
If you want to create your own, use an older kernel from GIT (some have to use 1225) and generate the ts-calibration file.

As I said when I first posted, I am not versed in coding or the fixing of Pocket PCs. I have actively searched these forums on how to generate the ts-calibration file to no avail. It may be clear to the seasoned coder but I do not understand. Do I need to unzip everything in the kernels to find the specific calibration file?
Have you replaced a kernel before? The instructions are in the first post. I thought I explained this pretty well...

Basically use kernel 1225 to create a ts-calib file. Make sure there are no ts-calibration files where you run haret from, and run haret with that old kernel. You should see the calibration boxes on boot - watch the process carefully as I do believe it will time out.

Once you calibrate, you should have a ts-calibration file where you run haret from. Then you simply reboot, and go back to whatever kernel you wish - you can even stick to that old one, but I wouldn't recommend it .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro