View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 11:06 AM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeUsername View Post
The following I do not understand:
If you want to create your own, use an older kernel from GIT (some have to use 1225) and generate the ts-calibration file.

As I said when I first posted, I am not versed in coding or the fixing of Pocket PCs. I have actively searched these forums on how to generate the ts-calibration file to no avail. It may be clear to the seasoned coder but I do not understand. Do I need to unzip everything in the kernels to find the specific calibration file?
Have you replaced a kernel before? The instructions are in the first post. I thought I explained this pretty well...

Basically use kernel 1225 to create a ts-calib file. Make sure there are no ts-calibration files where you run haret from, and run haret with that old kernel. You should see the calibration boxes on boot - watch the process carefully as I do believe it will time out.

Once you calibrate, you should have a ts-calibration file where you run haret from. Then you simply reboot, and go back to whatever kernel you wish - you can even stick to that old one, but I wouldn't recommend it .