PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile
Carrier: Telus

Reign01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

I have since changed my wireless settings to WPA as you suggested, but all that happens is that is shown is: "Network Name" not in range.secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK
How did you enable Froyo to work for you despite this problem?
Ok if I were to change the homepage, would that solve the problem? or rather just prevent me from going google.com and allow me to view other sites?
Also, how to I enable to the Andorid Market on tihs build?

Last edited by Reign01; 05-10-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign01 View Post
I have since changed my wireless settings to WPA as you suggested, but all that happens is that is shown is: "Network Name" not in range.secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK
How did you enable Froyo to work for you despite this problem?
Ok if I were to change the homepage, would that solve the problem? or rather just prevent me from going google.com and allow me to view other sites?
Also, how to I enable to the Andorid Market on tihs build?
Hrm... I hate to say it but all of these things should work out of the box. WPA(2) worked for me out of the box. The Market... Just click on the Market app in the drawer - reboot if you don't see it. Not sure how to solve the browser problem. This build needs quite a bit of work for sure, I recommend using Froyo if the bugs are too much of an issue.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Lurker

Reign01 is a n00b

Market only appears in Manage Programs. It can't be edited and it isn't activated, nor can it be.
Do you recommend a specific build of froyo to use? From where?
Old 05-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Market only appears in Manage Programs. It can't be edited and it isn't activated, nor can it be.
Do you recommend a specific build of froyo to use? From where?
Where in Manage Programs? Have you tried adding the shortcut to the desktop? Have you tried rebooting?

I'd recommend the Froyo build that's a few threads down...
Old 05-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Lurker

Reign01 is a n00b

I got the Froyo build. The browser and Marketplace problems have been solved, but Wi-fi continues to just scan. and I keep getting the message that my WPA network is not in range. Wi-fi is disabled on Windows Mobile.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
I got the Froyo build. The browser and Marketplace problems have been solved, but Wi-fi continues to just scan. and I keep getting the message that my WPA network is not in range. Wi-fi is disabled on Windows Mobile.
I might need to see a log. Do routers actually pop up in the list? Did you change anything from the bundle?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Lurker

Reign01 is a n00b

Ok so I have XDandroid on my Raphael 800 and have yet to be able to scan and connect to my home wifi network (it is the only one that I have tried to connect to. It is a WPA Personal with a TKIP algorithm. Wifi spends minutes, hours if I would allow it to, to do no more than “scanning...” I sometimes get the error message “android settings “in process come.android.settings) is not responding. This leads to a Wi-Fi Error.

It is Andorid Version 2.2.2
Kernel Version- 2.6.27.46-01318-g4ff4420
Build- FRX06

Any better suited builds or kernel that should be used please let me know.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ok so I have XDandroid on my Raphael 800 and have yet to be able to scan and connect to my home wifi network (it is the only one that I have tried to connect to. It is a WPA Personal with a TKIP algorithm. Wifi spends minutes, hours if I would allow it to, to do no more than “scanning...” I sometimes get the error message “android settings “in process come.android.settings) is not responding. This leads to a Wi-Fi Error.

It is Andorid Version 2.2.2
Kernel Version- 2.6.27.46-01318-g4ff4420
Build- FRX06

Any better suited builds or kernel that should be used please let me know.
Well, triage it.

Does it connect to an open network?

If so, then you know wifi at least works...

If no networks show up during the scan, something is definitely wrong. Make sure when you update kernels, the modules match - and delete any old modules files before copying new ones.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Lurker

Reign01 is a n00b

"triage it" What do you mean?
Well there are no open networks. And it cannot scan, so I would have to make my network temporarily open (insecure) to allow it to connect. So I would have to "add network" How do I check and see if my modules match? My modules and zImage are from the same batch.

Last edited by Reign01; 05-11-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Lurker

Reign01 is a n00b

Ok, so I opened my home network. It is still not in range and no open networks can be found even though the new neighbours have one. Should Wi-fi be on or off on WinMo. Should I connect to the network on WinMo then boot xdandroid?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro