PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: as good as BRICKED??? :(

if you messed up an NV item you will need to get into the radio bootloader to fix it. That would be like dcd said with the rtask commands, but to get there you will need a MFG spl such as Version .25 from this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

Now here's the problem though. Since you can't boot to Windows mobile you can't load that SPL as the loader needs access to ram which isn't allowed with the .40 SPL if i remember correctly. Since it's a stock SPL i really think warranty might be the best option at this point.

Oh, yeah one last thing to try: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9229
The stuck in bootloader tool sometimes works even if flashing a rom exe hasn't for some reason. It's at least worth a shot. This can also be done with mtty by entering "set 16 0" as hinted at in the description of the app in that thread.

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 03-23-2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Additional info
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Thanks for jumping into the fray, dcd! (GO wings !)

petermg, I'd suggest that you see what dcd can help you arrive at.

dcd, it appears that petermg still has the stock (0.40) spl, so I am presuming that the phone was never unlocked? petermg, please clarify.

If not, then perhaps unlocking with (0.37), flashing the stock rom and see where that puts him may be a reasonable course of action?

Best regards,
-boggsie
It was unlocked, but I followed your directions on post #2 and relocked it. Now when I try to unlock it again, I can't because the unlockers need Activesync to first sync with it.. doesn't look like you can unlock the TPs from the bootloader, and when I try to do it from the SD CARD, it just stays on LOADING... that's it
Old 03-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Arrow Re: as good as BRICKED??? :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
if you messed up an NV item you will need to get into the radio bootloader to fix it. That would be like dcd said with the rtask commands, but to get there you will need a MFG spl such as Version .25 from this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

Now here's the problem though. Since you can't boot to Windows mobile you can't load that SPL as the loader needs access to ram which isn't allowed with the .40 SPL if i remember correctly. Since it's a stock SPL i really think warranty might be the best option at this point.

Oh, yeah one last thing to try: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9229
The stuck in bootloader tool sometimes works even if flashing a rom exe hasn't for some reason. It's at least worth a shot. This can also be done with mtty by entering "set 16 0" as hinted at in the description of the app in that thread.
I just tried the "set 14 0" then "task 8" no go. Then I tried "set 16 0" then "task 8", still no fix.

I can see about warranty repair.. any other possible solutions in mind? Would love to get this fixed without having to send it out. Is there NO OTHER WAY to unlock this at this point? If not guess warranty is my only option. Thank you all for your replies!!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
It was unlocked, but I followed your directions on post #2 and relocked it. Now when I try to unlock it again, I can't because the unlockers need Activesync to first sync with it.. doesn't look like you can unlock the TPs from the bootloader, and when I try to do it from the SD CARD, it just stays on LOADING... that's it
That was me ... not dcd or ImCoKeMan ... I apologize.

I was under the impression that one could unlock without booting into Windows Mobile (from SD card) based on "reading" this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333

I went back and carefully re-read and frankly, I was just wrong.

My line of thinking was that with the stock SPL you were in a better position for an approved warranty claim.

You've obviously tried both the 0.25 and 0.37 unlocker from SD?

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 03-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Exclamation Re: as good as BRICKED??? :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
That was me ... not dcd or ImCoKeMan ... I apologize.

I was under the impression that one could unlock without booting into Windows Mobile (from SD card) based on "reading" this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333

I went back and carefully re-read and frankly, I was just wrong.

My line of thinking was that with the stock SPL you were in a better position for an approved warranty claim.

You've obviously tried both the 0.25 and 0.37 unlocker from SD?

Best regards,
-boggsie
You mean I could have possibly saved it if I didn't relock it!?!?

HAHA, no big deal man. I appreciate your input nevertheless. I don't think I've tried BOTH .25 and .37 from SD card. I will try again!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well looks like there is only 1 file for unlocking from the SD card, but even THAT is initiated from within windows mobile. The "unlocker.zip" then the SSPL manual exe which you run from within windows mobile to get it to go into the bootloader. It doesn't say if it's .25 or .37. In any event when I try it just from the bootloader menu it just hangs at LOADING...
Old 03-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Unhappy Re: as good as BRICKED??? :(

Ok, since it seems like my phone cannot be saved without sending it in for warranty work, I wrote this poem, which neither rhymes, nor is it a haiku.

ODE TO MY TP

Oh my Touch Pro
How lovely you were in life
and now as a brick how sad
no more to hear your start-up sounds
no more to be my companion
Oh the pictures you took
and oh the places you've seen!
rest now my friend
be at peace
for alas you were brought to greatness
greatness from the help of ppcgeeks elite
but now you have been thrust down
thrust down by my folly
and there is none here who can save you
even they cannot save you from the depth of which you have been plunged
Oh my dear friend
how long will I go on mourning you?
every time I think of you
I will shed a tear
for alas you were my companion
and now you have passed on
to the land of brickdom!

Last edited by petermg; 03-24-2010 at 08:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP
Carrier: MetroPCS

juicy.cook is a n00b

i loved the poem. =D.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

eXcali is keeping up the good workeXcali is keeping up the good work

Hey, if you are still within your 1yr warranty, most carriers will send you a replacement phone next-day mail. You don't need your receipt or anything. What provider did you buy the phone from?

With my last replacement phone I called VZW @ 9am and I had my replacement phone by 11am the next day while I was in the middle of the woods, no-where-ville Michigan.

Last edited by eXcali; 03-24-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcali View Post
Hey, if you are still within your 1yr warranty, most carriers will send you a replacement phone next-day mail. You don't need your receipt or anything. What provider did you buy the phone from?

With my last replacement phone I called VZW @ 9am and I had my replacement phone by 11am the next day while I was in the middle of the woods, no-where-ville Michigan.
Problem is.. I'm no longer with that carrier... :\ But I'll call them just in case.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro