PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

that squeaky ring tone just Fooken killed me!!!! i was trying out the new build playing with it, put it down to drink water when a friend called and i get that ring. i spit water all over my phone and computer
Old 02-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

besides that on topic i played with it im with spring initially data wasnt workig ot ito work using the fix mentioned in the first posts and connected to maps and the market BUT whn i tried downloading an app from the market it just wouldnt download it just kept showing the bar and "starting download". ( i wanted to try out tht google goggles app)
Old 02-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

I'm going to try and start with a new data file, maybe that'll help my location woes. I think the google voice troubles are caused by the phone looking for a sim card. when I go into cakk settings and then additional settings there's a sim card or network error that I am assuming is involved in the problem.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
besides that on topic i played with it im with spring initially data wasnt workig ot ito work using the fix mentioned in the first posts and connected to maps and the market BUT whn i tried downloading an app from the market it just wouldnt download it just kept showing the bar and "starting download". ( i wanted to try out tht google goggles app)
Goggles won't work till we (they )get the camera working
Old 02-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

oh good point i forgot that the camera still doesnt work , this port has progressed to the point i almost take it for granted that most things work. its amazing the work thats been done so far.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

but still the camera not working shouldnt get in the way of the app downloading would it??
Old 02-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

No It shouldn't. One thing that usually helps is when problems creep up that seem to be unique to you is to start with a new data file. I didn't have wifi working with the latest build so I deleted my data file and started fresh and it works perfectly now.

Last edited by Yibrushn; 02-10-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

No you should be able to dl apps just fine...

I downloaded like 15 apps yesterday, without a problem. Have you tried doing it over wifi? I was doing it over my sprint cxn, but maybe your provider is blocking it somehow...

It may be good to note that I had the same issues with the Market until the 2/8 build...
Old 02-10-2010, 05:06 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaopac View Post
hey guys, is there a Donut Android (Android ver 1.0) for Raph800, i've been looking for that for a long time but i have not seen once, anyone knows where it is?
Donut is 1.6, as mentioned. Grab it from the links on the Raphael Donut wiki page. It used to be much less stable than eclair, but with most of the massive smd bugs squashed, it might actually run better than eclair now. I'd be curious to hear people's experiences with it. You'll have to grab the kernel and modules and startup.txt from the package in post #1 here... and some things might just be wrong, because everything we've been doing lately has beene expecting eclair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiST View Post
Has anyone with google voice gotten the google voice app to connect properly, whenever I try to make a call with google voice it starts to dial a 916 number then immedietly hangs up but the time says it has been connected 44 seconds its very strange, I would absolutly LOVE to get google voice working on this I could pretty much use it as my everyday phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
For some reason GV decides we need a +1 in front of everything, and the call fails. I don't know why it's putting this in, and I couldn't find any settings on GV webUI or on the GV app for outbound dialing...
GV has just worked for me without any tweaking. I don't know why it's been weird for others. It does dial a weird number, which then redirects my calls. But it's all transparent, and as long as I have a data connection, the calls dial and go through just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
Another Issue we need to nail down is the sound working. I don't think it's Kernal or sqsh related because I've had it work on one boot and then not work on the very next reboot. Any one pick on any patterns?
I've noticed occasionally when calling and then booting, the speaker doesn't hang up (?) correctly, and then I get no sound. It's just not that stable. I think when I don't make a call first, it always works, so it'd be an added benefit to getting that bug worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiST View Post
I got a good one too, right after I posted about droid explorer my computer is not seeing when I plug in my phone when its booted into android hahahaha I totally jinxed myself.
adb only works if you're connected to the computer when you boot to android. And sometimes after that you need to disconnect and reconnect before it'll work. And droid explorer will die and need to be restarted sometimes. Not super clean.

Quote:
sent you a PM to keep the thread clean
Also several builds back someone mentioed they got celltower location working can anyone confirm that? I get the "your current location is temporarily unavailable" msg in maps
Quote:
I didn't have wifi working with the latest build so I deleted my data file and started fresh and it works perfectly now.
I don't think I've ever had network-based location work on my phone. Possibly once. Usually just hangs and waits and tries and fails. As far as making wifi work, a new data.img is the easy way, but you could also just go to a terminal and delete the /data/wifi-calibration file and then reboot (making sure, at this point, to use the rootfs from my package, and not from the original xdandroid, which is what caused the problem). Probably doesn't matter for anyone at this point, but I thought I might as well put it out there for the curious.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Thanks makkonen you are really staying on top of everything!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux