PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Yea, when they first got CDMA data to even work it would lock up as soon as it would connect. I can get it to work now, but I get random resets and freezes as well.

It seems most of the big problems have fallen (for the most part, minus camera/gps) but they've been focusing on the biggies, like CDMA data. I think the next few builds we see are going to just get better and better as far as stability goes, as the devs will be able to start focusing on that.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: sprint

djmadclass is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I had trouble with the windows squashfs... I don't know which version you're using. I asked for instruction on compiling squashfs images, and babijoee said he did it thusly:

sudo unsquashfs system.sqsh
(make changes)
sudo mv ./squashfs-root ./system
sudo genext2fs -d ./system -b 100000 -a system.ext2
mkdir ext2mount
sudo mount -o loop ./system.ext2 ./ext2mount
sudo mksquashfs ./ext2mount newsystem.sqsh

doing all those things through sudo (i.e. doing them as root) is important, because it keeps all the file ownership/permissions from getting messed up. I'm not sure if that stuff gets messed up regardless of how you do it in windows. There's probably a right way to do it, but I didn't find it when I was trying.

His method is probably overkill -- all the stuff of making a filesystem out of the folder and then mounting it can probably be dropped. But that's straight from the horse's mouth on how to build the system.sqsh.
thanks for finding that out for me. am using to latest unsquashfs for windows. i tried to use sudo for the past few hours and cant see to figure out how to by pass the password or what password to use, so im giving up for now.

i figure if i can re-pack it then i would start gathering stuff from the htc hero and make a new system.sqsh.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmadclass View Post
thanks for finding that out for me. am using to latest unsquashfs for windows. i tried to use sudo for the past few hours and cant see to figure out how to by pass the password or what password to use, so im giving up for now.

i figure if i can re-pack it then i would start gathering stuff from the htc hero and make a new system.sqsh.
What ever password you set up for your self (in the install) is the root or sudo password. If you're using a Live CD version I have no idea. Like when you're setting it up and you put a user name of john and password = bluegreen the sudo password would be "john's" password.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Lurker

djmadclass is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20 View Post
What ever password you set up for your self (in the install) is the root or sudo password. If you're using a Live CD version I have no idea. Like when you're setting it up and you put a user name of john and password = bluegreen the sudo password would be "john's" password.
i did and for some reason it didnt accept it. every time i put a command, i get passphase propt. which i think is where the password would go and i tried -p <password> but got the same results.

i used this sudo for windows from sourceforge.net/projects/sudowin/
Old 01-22-2010, 02:57 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

...I'm not sure windows has a root user, so I'm a bit leery of this. Sorry if I wasn't clear -- those commands are for the linux version of squashfs. I'm not sure that it can't be made to work in windows, but I'm also not sure how to do it.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:08 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierocksmysocks View Post
So I deleted my data.img, let it create a new one, and kept having issues with it crashing every time it tried to sync my google account over evdo. So... trial and error, I turned on wifi and used that to sync. Worked like a charm. Tried to download last.fm app while using evdo, and it kept crashing. Turned wifi on again and the app was able to download without an issues. I figured what the heck and ran the app while connected to wifi and I'm able to play music without the handset crashing. Unfortunately, if I use just evdo for this, it crashes.
OK. If you're getting such consistent crashes, maybe you're a good person to track this down. First of all, make sure you're using the latest version of the kernel (RAPH800-kernel-modules-2010-01-17-1263772660.zip) -- there was definitely a bug in the second-to-last one that was causing crashes on CDMA data access.

Grab the debug.zip file from the 3rd post on the front page, and extract it to your sd card.

Then, after a crash, when windows boots up, go into /Storage Card/debug/ and launch haret.exe, then immediately quit. A file should appear in your debug folder called dmesg.txt. Either open that file and look at it, trying to figure out where the kernel panic happened, or just attach it to a post here and I'll do so. The file's a bit messy, so you have to be a bit of a detective. Take note of the timestamps. If you have booted into android multiple times without fully shutting down the phone, it could write a new log over an old one, and wherever the new one ends, you'll start seeing the old data.

Anyway, more data is good. Might help us figure out where the problems are. Not that we'll be able to do anything with that data once we have it, but it's something.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Lurker

djmadclass is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
...I'm not sure windows has a root user, so I'm a bit leery of this. Sorry if I wasn't clear -- those commands are for the linux version of squashfs. I'm not sure that it can't be made to work in windows, but I'm also not sure how to do it.
the unsquashfs version im using is for windows but it could be different from linux.

im going to make my laptop dual boot with linux and give it another try.

also, you those of you having cdma crashes. first, start all over. grab the latest xdandroid from xda-developers site. then the file from this thread, except for the root file.

now, make sure your in (air plane mode, cell phone part is off, etc). also, turn off both back-lighting setting.

i like to turn off manila and anything else that's running.

now, start haret. let it boot and let it do its thing on till you see the android you have to touch but give it a few seconds on everything. you will see the 3g icon come and go but ones your in the main screen, if you wait a few secound. the 3g icon will appear, give that a few second too.

once all that is done, then you can have fun.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

mecpfirst is just getting started

[QUOTE=makkonen;1505787]Are you using the zImage from the first post in this thread? If it's booting, that's a really good sign, and we can work with it. If you're using something else linked here, then I guess that's less surprising, and good luck, I wish I could help more.

I have yet to play with eclair. i used the link in the first post to xda for the raph500 for my startup and zimage. and followed the instructions here in this thread. Will probably mess with eclair this weekend and see
what happens.

Verizon TP (gimp)
Old 01-22-2010, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Ok so there is a new base over at XDA(1/22) and well I'm setting it up now. It seems to run a little faster than the 1/16. GPS seems to kinda work. I am in SE Ks and it put me in Tulsa, OK. I'll post more when I play with it some

So far: only 1 ANR compared to some what frequently with the 1/16 build

Quote:
  • Proper Backlight control: dimming and controlling brightness. No need to change in WinMo anymore
  • Updated RIL: force cdma option, for cdma topa/rhod since we have no way to detect that they are cdma
  • Slow sim option to slow down SIM access, I think this might fix the problem of people having crashing android with bad sims
  • Startup cmds:
    • force_cdma=1
    • slow_sim=<time in microsecond to wait between every SIM access)
  • Updated apps

Last edited by peterm20; 01-22-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok downloaded 1/22 pkg. replaced the system.sqsh, rootfs, modules, and startup files. deleted the old data and loaded it up. started up with no issues but it does look like it freezes on the splash screen a bit. takes forever to load past that for me.

clicked on the andriod and tried to sign into my google acct. soft kb didn't pull up so i slid out the hard kb and the screen flipped for me any everything, however i lost the screen i was trying to type on. typed it in anyways and closed the kb. looked at my computer for a sec then back at the phone and the splash screen is back. then a message that the process system is not responding. forced closed and now i'm stuck lol. rebooting.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux