PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOuch Pro
Carrier: Verizon :(

niralupatel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

nevermind its raph 800 let me try again..finger crossed
Old 09-29-2010, 02:33 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That's pretty surprising. It's probably at the end of the first line, after some numbers. RAPH___. Anyway, most likely it's a RAPH800, so if you can't find anything, try the RAPH800 startup.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:12 AM
Lurker

niralupatel is a n00b

OK now i got it to work but now it is stuck at

info: task rpcrouter:14 blocked for more than 120 seconds

r5=000000000 and r4=0000000?

wht is that about?
Old 09-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niralupatel View Post
OK now i got it to work but now it is stuck at

info: task rpcrouter:14 blocked for more than 120 seconds

r5=000000000 and r4=0000000?

wht is that about?
Format your card. Full format. Use the HP tool.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:21 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Pretty sure if it's popping up those 'blocked for more than 120 seconds' errors, those are because something else has hung, prior to that. (Touchscreen calibration, maybe?)

Watch the screen during startup and see what happens.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Lurker

niralupatel is a n00b

Ok finally got it to work. Gotta say android is best thing ever happened to my phone.
One last question, I know battery will drain faster in android (from you first post), but any reason why my phone heats up while charging? It never happened before. Also I keep getting launch pro expiration message

Thanks again for all the help
Old 10-02-2010, 03:45 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

phone heats up = battery drains faster. The problems are one and the same. It'll heat up while not charging, too. It's just because the chips aren't being put in low power mode like they should. They run more, they run hotter, they drain the battery.

I did notice heating like that when in WinMo, personally, if I was using the phone aggressively (heavy internet usage or even a long conversation would make it unpleasantly hot).

As for launcher pro, go download a new version from the market. That should quell those messages.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Lurker

niralupatel is a n00b

"It's just because the chips aren't being put in low power mode like they should"

there is not fix for that?
Old 10-02-2010, 04:03 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Well, I'm massively oversimplifying there. In broader terms, power management is incompletely implemented, so things are just generally running hotter and less efficiently than they should. It's not really something for which there'd just be a simple fix. It's difficult, because this is embedded hardware, with less than complete documentation to work with.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO CDMA
Carrier: SPRINT

happy20b is a n00b

Hi All,

I was able to boot Xdandroid froyo. I was happy to see running android on my HTC TP, even performance was good. But I was shocked to see that it is eating up battery like anything even when it is in idle mode. I charged in the night around 11pm and battery was full. I booted to XDandroid and then slept. Morning when i woke up around 7am i was shocked to see that my cell is completely off cause battery was empty. I am also running Mighty rom 6 and there battery consumption is very less. And also the gallery get stuck in Xdandroid.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux