PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Ha, so it seems the startup.txt is the wrong one... Or are you guys just assuming it's correct? You should always make sure the startup is the one for your device. I *thought* the startup.txt in this AIO was for the RAPH800.

Bushrod, if you're using a DIAM...

Interesting tho, I didn't think it would boot at all with an incorrect startup. Maybe just an incorrect mtype, and something else in the startup was causing the issue... like not pointing to the rootfs or something. Meh, glad it's workin.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My using is a Touch Pro

Bushrod is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Oops, updated my profile. I have a Touch Pro.

I was getting the SD Card problem until I changed the startup.txt.

Now if I could only get it to trust my root certificate!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

Kalnel is just getting started

When I try to run HARET, I get the message, "The file HARET cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. IF the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file."

I was able to run it once, but it hung after getting to the logo that says DXDROID. I reinstalled all the andboot files and carefully copied over the correct startup file. (I have a Verizon TP, so I used the Raph500 file.)

So, I soft-reset my phone, recopied all the files to my storage card, and tried again. Since then, I've been getting the error message every time I've tried to boot Android.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:01 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hmm. I didn't think running unsigned applications was an issue... I know I haven't had to deal with it in a long, long time. But it might be worth searching to see how to make sure unsigned applications will run correctly.

But I'd guess it's more likely that the file's just corrupted or something. I'd try redownloading the package and reformatting the SD card. (I feel like a quack doctor -- any problem, I give the same cure. Take two of these, reformat, and call me in the morning.)
Old 08-11-2010, 09:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
When I try to run HARET, I get the message, "The file HARET cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. IF the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file."

I was able to run it once, but it hung after getting to the logo that says DXDROID. I reinstalled all the andboot files and carefully copied over the correct startup file. (I have a Verizon TP, so I used the Raph500 file.)

So, I soft-reset my phone, recopied all the files to my storage card, and tried again. Since then, I've been getting the error message every time I've tried to boot Android.

Any thoughts?
delete everything off the card, reformat it, then download the file set again and run it.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

Kalnel is just getting started

That did it, although what a drag... I tried some of the registry tweaks listed in various places, but nothing worked too well.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
(I feel like a quack doctor -- any problem, I give the same cure. Take two of these, reformat, and call me in the morning.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
delete everything off the card, reformat it, then download the file set again and run it.
It's a seemingly poor fix, but hey it works. The age-old adage still stands... no body is getting paid to code this, and it's actually impressive they've gotten it this far

It also sounds like the development on this project has stagnated for these devices... Makes me sad but oh well c'est la vie.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 08-12-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

goalie25560 is a n00b

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new here but I was wondering if anyone else had been having an issue with the hardware buttons not working on the RAPH800? Everything else runs fine except that for some reason only the Home button works right in Android, the other 3 buttons work like the directional pad and i cant' figure out how to remap the buttons. I'm running the 7/14 build of Froyo.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Well you can try a newer build, but the capacitive buttons at the bottom (start call, end call, home & back) are notorious for being flaky in Android.

I'm not sure what the issue is, some have said that cleaning this section of the phone helps. It's very random for me tho - sometimes they work perfectly, sometimes I hit home and it hits start call instead, same with back being mistaken for the end call key.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

yourborfrombk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
The age-old adage still stands... no body is getting paid to code this, and it's actually impressive they've gotten it this far
i wanna help code an port things but i dont even know where to start i dont mind getting paid for it but we need more ppl to work on it. If we had a simple way of learning im pretty sure us testers could become developer im willing to learn an help out..i even downloaded ubuntu but yet to install it...all we need is some push from eachother no?????? whos with me????????????????????: protest:rote st:

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux