PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 04:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Dubez is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro replacement through Ashurion.

Put in a claim today, and was told that my Touch Pro would be replaced. Also i have to fax an affidavit form... For anyone that had to fill out an affidavit form, how long did it take for you to get your phone?
Old 01-07-2010, 05:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

revrick is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubez View Post
Put in a claim today, and was told that my Touch Pro would be replaced. Also i have to fax an affidavit form... For anyone that had to fill out an affidavit form, how long did it take for you to get your phone?

Well, Monday morning I submitted a claim for my touch pro (touch pro2 was available at the time). I had to fax in said Affidavit and copy of ID as well, which I did Monday evening about 5:30. About noon on tuesday I got a call saying I was approved. I was in a meeting so I couldnt finalize the claim. An hour later I got online to attempt to complete the claim online. I got the same obligatory message to call asurion to process it. I did that Tuesday afternoon and the touch pro 2 wasnt available at that time, only the pre and the curve...i said no thanks. the gal was very friendly and said to call 2-3 times a day till either my phone (touch pro) was in or an acceptable replacement was in stock. So it don't matter if the TP2 was in stock at the time of you starting the claim...all bets are off if they have you call in or you have to fax info to asurion. Just keep at it and call a few times a day, be polite and non-demanding. tell them that you need the win-mo device that you had or something that YOU are ok with as a replacement. dont take the pre or the blackberry unless these are ok and you need a working phone ASAP.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Dubez is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrick View Post
Well, Monday morning I submitted a claim for my touch pro (touch pro2 was available at the time). I had to fax in said Affidavit and copy of ID as well, which I did Monday evening about 5:30. About noon on tuesday I got a call saying I was approved. I was in a meeting so I couldnt finalize the claim. An hour later I got online to attempt to complete the claim online. I got the same obligatory message to call asurion to process it. I did that Tuesday afternoon and the touch pro 2 wasnt available at that time, only the pre and the curve...i said no thanks. the gal was very friendly and said to call 2-3 times a day till either my phone (touch pro) was in or an acceptable replacement was in stock. So it don't matter if the TP2 was in stock at the time of you starting the claim...all bets are off if they have you call in or you have to fax info to asurion. Just keep at it and call a few times a day, be polite and non-demanding. tell them that you need the win-mo device that you had or something that YOU are ok with as a replacement. dont take the pre or the blackberry unless these are ok and you need a working phone ASAP.

Thanks for the info buddy. Keeping my fingers crossed....
Old 01-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

revrick is a n00b

Just got off the phone with Asurion. They finally offered me a TP2. Not sure if its refurbed or not, but I'll light that candle if it gives me problems. Be patient, courtious...but FIRM in you needing a device that has Windows mobile, a physical qwerty keyboard, etc... If they offer you anything other than what you want or need...politely decline it and call back later in the day or the next day...or several times a day as their inventory changes minute by minute as I was told by a friendly CSR. Good Luck all!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

ATT-Half is a n00b

well guys i took the palm pre
wanted a touch pro 2 but wow speed difference and level of response I'm getting from WebOS vs touch pro is amazing.
Quote:
anyone want to buy touch pro accessories (Cradle sync Charger w/Data Cable/ 2 X batteries for HTC Touch Pro )$42 shipped and I'll include few other things
only issue i have Asurion send me the pre without a charger lol ( they force me from touch pro to palm pre and they expect me to buy the accessories)

how the F*** am i suppose to charge a phone without a charger i called them and they fedexing a charger but not overnight like they did with the phone 4 days lucky a found a Motorola charger that i had and it fits the palm pre other wise no phone for couple of days lol

Quote:
so who ever swaps phone to a different brand make sure u ask them to send u the charger other wise your going to be waiting with no phone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cradle sync Charger wData Cable.jpg (9.6 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ATT-Half; 01-07-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

locomariachi is just getting started

Well I put my claim in at around 7PM MST, then this morning I have the confirmation that it should be at my place by 3pm today! noiiiiiiiiiiiiice! hoping for a BNIB but we'll see what happens, the person helping me said I wouldn't need any accessories so I'm hoping its all on the up and up.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thabanga510 is a n00b

Im on my 5th Touchpro the keyboard has went out on all them. I called cutomer care and they are saying they can replace it with a Snap,Curve or Pre. How are these phones comparable, Ill be calling Sprint alot in the next few days.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i do claims multiple times a week, either for myself or my friends(handle their phone calls for them to carrier or insurance)... the cracked chrome thing doesnt work very often anymore..

a sprint store should and will usually tell you, cracked chrome is cosmetic.. if it doesnt affect the use of your device, it means you use asurion... if ur lucky youll find a dumb store associate or tech to do it for it, but cracked chrome technically doesnt affect your devices use and thats what service and repair centers are for...

how i usually get around this: go in and ask if they have any TP1s their about to send in, maybe one with a hardware issue or a screen issue.. if they do, ask to have your housing switched with the other one... this is well within your service and repair part of your insurance... most of the time if they dont have it, then they order me one... but if you go in there spouting out about how its a known defect and blah blah blah.. they may just tell ya to go.. sprint stores can refuse you service.. sprint stores have different rules/guidelines they can play by..
Old 01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Lurker

Gilmore Game is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Gilmore Game Send a message via MSN to Gilmore Game Send a message via Yahoo to Gilmore Game

3 times and refurb TP each time....Maybe I'm not so lucky tho
Old 01-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work

so im trying to get an understanding you can go to the website make an order, see what you get and then cancel if its not the pro2?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro