PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

how the hell you got so many i have no idea. i called the number you listed and told them about freezing, dropped calls, and my vibration not working and they said i had to bring it in. so i bring it into a store and the say in order to get anything but a refurb tp i have to pay to upgrade. what did i do wrong?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

des090 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to des090
Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

wow it actualy works i just called in sprint and explained my touch pro situation and there gonna send me a TP2 it arrives tommorrow yess!!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa1303 View Post
how the hell you got so many i have no idea. i called the number you listed and told them about freezing, dropped calls, and my vibration not working and they said i had to bring it in. so i bring it into a store and the say in order to get anything but a refurb tp i have to pay to upgrade. what did i do wrong?
Did you mention the new rom? Because the new rom has been having major problems, which is the reason why people are getting replacements. I'm still debating if I'd like to call them or not.

Just call the number, tell them the phone has been dropping calls, not sending text messages, freezing up and everytime you do a hard reset it will work for a few days and then mess up again. Tell them this started happening after downloading the new rom. Then ask for a replacement.

Do you have insurance?
Old 01-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acy820 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

I would like to thank you for your thread. It has been of great assistance to me. Trying to get a tp2 out of sprint was the biggest hassle until, I finally got through to multiple device exchange. Unfortunately for me, I really had to fight sprint. They did give in and are sending me a tp2 in exchange for my tp1 without any expense to me. And thank you to everyone offering their assistance in threads for ppl like me. I appologize for being neglegent and too much in a hurry to gather info to hit a thank you. I would just like to add that it is entirely possible to exchange. You just need to stay calm and have persistence. And do not settle for their offers.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samung Moment

infamouz23 is a n00b

It was a no go for me. Will try again though.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:47 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
".. hope you can afford the next increase in deductables.."

wow.. boy genius... any idea why that happpens?
thanks again for wrecking it for the rest of us..

"... sure, i abuse this.."

No... really?... ya think?
LMFAO.. hey man, i got money, i could care less if the deductables go up... Im far from the only person who does things we shouldnt do on here.. but cool, ill take the punishment/and abuse from you guys so the rest of everyone else can get FREE UPGRADES.. its totally cool with me.. and im sure with the amount of people getting free upgrades, its cool with them too that i posted this.. you got people checking the site everyday to see what device theyll get claims on.. hows that not just as bad?? stealing tetheriing... fake employee status' to recieve big corp discounts on bills..

Eat Bart Simpsons shorts, Dont have a cow man... LMFAO at all you Haters.. Find something better to do than troll and complain on the WEB.. just enjoy the freebies already.. you carrier is gonna rape you sooner or later anyways.. im just striking first is all..

Tootles.. FTW!!! and everyone stand by for my list of TP1 to TP2 upgraders.. the list will be big... then we'll see if, IM DRIVING UP COSTS.. wait till you all see, how many people got FREE UPGRADES without even using my thread.. list shoould be added to the OP by morning..itll atke awhile

Choke on it!!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor
Re: TP2 upgrade for FREE?? Ive done this 6x now and it always works!!

damn, no go for me today. i think as soon as i get my refurb i will download the new rom. i am not certain i told them that the new rom was on it or not on the phone but i did tell them that in the store. i hope the new rom screws it up because i think it is just stupid to replace phones with models that they don't produce anymore. my vibration actually went out before i upgraded the rom, i had a genuine hardware failure and i get stuck with a refurb
Old 01-27-2010, 08:25 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa1303 View Post
i think it is just stupid to replace phones with models that they don't produce anymore. my vibration actually went out before i upgraded the rom, i had a genuine hardware failure and i get stuck with a refurb
then quit paying for insurance and save that $ so you can just buy the new phones when they come out.

what are they supposed to do with all the refurbs?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: sprint

imtony is a n00b

Went to sprint today...told her the usual problems, asked her if touch pro's been having problems and she said it might just be the batch that I got...ordered me a refurb one without asking me anything except would I allow them to hard reset the phone and is my address still the same as my billing address. Said she'd save my contacts and that their going to send me another phone in the mail if they cant fix it and that I'd have to send my old phone back. I decided to ask her since you said a lot of people have been having problems with the phone, what would I do if the refurb gets the same problem? She said I'd have to exchange it at least 3 times before they would allow me to look at another model. How am I going to know if they can fix it or not if they never took down a number to reach me? And how would I send them back my old phone if they still have it? Going to try a different repair center probably after I get the refurb.
P.S. One of my friend's friend was able to swap out her TP1 for a TP2 at the same store.

Last edited by imtony; 01-27-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

Get out of here with that this is illegal or immoral crap.. You guys want me to break down what's really happening here???

Sprint is the one who is violating laws, not the op or anyone who used this excuse to get a free phone.

Im not gonna go look up laws, statutes, or case precedents; but it is clear that Sprint and HTC have LIED and DECEIVED their customers about the problems and solutions for these problems on the Touch Pro.

By having a flawed Touch Pro rom released to the general public they are in fact reducing the resell value of my phone. My phone will most likely be bought by a member of the general public not a phone geek. They will have heard all of the horror stories and will not want to pay what the phone should be worth. Many people ask for phones to be reset and flashed stock before they purchase. And even if a geek buys my phone they will ask for the general public price.

PPCGeeks and XDA-Dev exist primarily to fix the problems that the companies won't. If it wasn't for this site I would have already got my TP2 using the same freakin method. This site is the only reason I haven't demanded a TP2. I just saw a buddy with a stock TP it was pretty sad, pretty much what the OP described. And I dare anyone of you to call tech support and say you have a custom rom... They will direct you to download the exact same rom that's messing the phones up.

How is it immoral for me to purposely mess up my phone by taking off an unofficial rom and running the official rom; especially when any future update, repair, or sale of the phone will have to use the official rom.

And maybe you guys are new to corporate america; but when it comes to ways of making a corporation do what they said they would writing letters is not one of them. There are two methods exploiting legal loopholes to the fullest extent and lawsuits. You may think Sprint and HTC exist to provide you with telecommunication equipment and services, but they don't. They exist to generate cash; that is their sole purpose period. They will peddle out refurb TP's and TP2's as long as it is cheaper than fixing the software update. Once it becomes apparent that it is cheaper to fix the software using the techniques our chefs use they will.

There are four options in this situation 1.) suck it up like my buddy and use a flawed rom, 2.) flash a custom rom even though Sprint explicitly asks you not to, 3.) wait for an update that will NEVER come or 4.) flash the official rom and complain for an upgrade. The funny thing is you guys are trying to rip the OP of his accused hustle when EVERY carrier would RECCOMEND to flash the flawed official rom. Its only a hustle because our chefs have almost fixed the problem, no chefs and the only hustling is being done by the corporations...
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro