PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the SIM unlocker be free for one phone private use ?
Definitely 132 58.15%
yes but only to Elite Team donators 49 21.59%
No, you should have to pay for the unlocker 46 20.26%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlocker finally releasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
why are you yelling?

I removed the caps....LOL Not everyone uses caps for yelling, sorry. post placed in small caps for you guys
Old 10-29-2009, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTC touch-pro 2!
Carrier: sprint

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel
why are you yelling?

hahahahahaha...lol but on a serious not +1 think the policies should have been like touch pro, felt like a real community.. just now with the release of the tp2 tons more people r around and although in the past the hspl was put out to further advance performance and many other things in wm now it looks like its become a regular program that is sold in wmsoftware sites at 20$ as apposed to a tool for wich to increase development (although i do understand that they dont want mass unlocking and the reasons etc) i FEEL it will cause jealosy as to who can start charging for their work (wich in theory they have a right to) but the sideeffects may include 15$ for psyki rom 17.50$ for mightyrom or 10.00$ silent rom etc.etc. the point is it will turn into the software development business... and will deeply ruin the atmosphere and purpose of ppcgeeks and xda-developers etc as apposed to a hobby and fun thing tweaking finding and fixing registries and kitchen building etc...

just my FEELINGS for the poll
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
I removed the caps....LOL Not everyone uses caps for yelling, sorry. post placed in small caps for you guys

Hence the winks and smiles.

Just messin with ya. Just excited about TODAY'S release!!! [-o<

Used to be so good.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

daintyboy609 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee91 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

hahahahahaha...lol but on a serious not +1 think the policies should have been like touch pro, felt like a real community.. just now with the release of the tp2 tons more people r around and although in the past the hspl was put out to further advance performance and many other things in wm now it looks like its become a regular program that is sold in wmsoftware sites at 20$ as apposed to a tool for wich to increase development (although i do understand that they dont want mass unlocking and the reasons etc) i FEEL it will cause jealosy as to who can start charging for their work (wich in theory they have a right to) but the sideeffects may include 15$ for psyki rom 17.50$ for mightyrom or 10.00$ silent rom etc.etc. the point is it will turn into the software development business... and will deeply ruin the atmosphere and purpose of ppcgeeks and xda-developers etc as apposed to a hobby and fun thing tweaking finding and fixing registries and kitchen building etc...

Excellent points totally agree.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee91 View Post

^^^^ i agree!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Im 99% postive the answer is no, but can anyone confirm that you WONT be able to use the GSM and CDMA at the same time, after its been unlocked. Id love this feature, but I assume it cant happen
Old 10-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Im 99% postive the answer is no, but can anyone confirm that you WONT be able to use the GSM and CDMA at the same time, after its been unlocked. Id love this feature, but I assume it cant happen
my sim is unlocked and i have verizon and so far i couldnt have both running at the smae time!! yes i have been trying
Old 10-29-2009, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

bishop0114 is becoming a great contributor

I think people are willing to wait the needed time it takes to get the release. I think that although it drastically changes the dynamics, people are willing to pay the money being asked. I also think it raises the bar on expectations.

So with all that being said, here is my thoughts on the subject.

The problem as I see it is in the execution and not the time, cost or product. For weeks we have been baited along that the release of the unlocker is just around the corner. We have been told it is in the final stage or complete and just a day or two away...

As an IS manager, I know how upset people can be when you promise a delivery and have to change the release date. Diplomacy and a level of delicacy is always necessary.

Repeated promises and delays that get peoples hopes up and then let down will eventually leave negative impressions and may make people feel there may be an enjoyment for the power of theatrics.

Combine those already brewing negative feelings with the censorship and fear of being banned, you wind up with a very unhappy crowd.

The final outcome will nevertheless be the same; eventually there will be a released product and people will be grateful for it. The difference is how people feel about the negative trip the delivery took.

If I had a developer on my staff that pulled the theatrics and then censorship, I would likely not employ them long. The negative feelings elicited from the process would quickly outweigh the positive release of the product.

Last edited by bishop0114; 10-29-2009 at 03:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

i predict a full scale riot
Old 10-29-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTC touch-pro 2!

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

sorry bishop i totally disagree the wait is a small factor but the delivery is the main one, i stick to what i said before and i think mostb will agree
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2