PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the SIM unlocker be free for one phone private use ?
Definitely 132 58.15%
yes but only to Elite Team donators 49 21.59%
No, you should have to pay for the unlocker 46 20.26%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlocker finally releasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfin2003 View Post
Cmonex said: "- sprint US networks: it needs more than sim unlock but we already solved it in theory, implementation is in progress"

I don't get it, I don't care about the sim unlock on my sprint, I want just HSPL. But she says that since I'm on sprint I need to have a sim unlocked anyway? why? or did I misunderstand?
You misunderstood. You don not need to have your SIM unlocked. Only needed if you want to use US GSM carriers.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:07 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
my sim is unlocked and im on sprint, unlocked by sprint, theres ways. lol
Care to share?
Old 10-29-2009, 10:16 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Of course everyone's gonna vote "definitely" but it's not our decision. Love it or leave it.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Yeh, cmonex has been saying this the whole time through.

So do they sell US pre-paid sim cards that we can use from at&t or another gsm carrier or, do you need to have an account with another carrier in order to take advantage of this????
yes AT&T and Tmobile both do. Check out project dark from t-mobile.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Threadstarter

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLawicki View Post
If there is a will there is a way
If Sprint unlocked it for you, then all should be good. I am hoping someone would share the technique if true. Speaking US GSM unlock of course
Old 10-29-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
If Sprint unlocked it for you, then all should be good. I am hoping someone would share the technique if true. Speaking US GSM unlock of course
Yeh, I'm calling BS or show us how!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Veezy

wodurrah is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
ATTENTION: THIS IS STRICTLY A POLL TO GAUGE HOW THE ENTIRE TP2 COMMUNITY FEELS ABOUT THE SIM UNLOCKER COMING OUT FROM ELITE TEAM. PLEASE DO NOT POST INFLAMMATORY COMMENTS OR DERAIL THIS. THIS IS A POLL WHICH ALLOWS USERS TO "VOICE" THEIR OPINION WITHOUT ALL THE WHINING AND CONTROVERSY ASSOCIATED WITH THE OTHER MULTIPLE THREADS THAT HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN , ETC. PLEASE GIVE YOUR OPINION WITH A VOTE IN THE POLL, The question is Do you think that that people should be able to download ONE SIM Unlocker for use on that one phone . (could still be licensed /registered to avoid bulk usage)

I do not want to get banned nor do i want to incite a riot, I am glad the HSPL is finally going to get released. I am wondering what changed ?? Earlier posts said the HSPL unlocker would be normal, free and available to use as many times as needed on a phone, which is cool. But I thought I also read that it had already been tested and was just waiting on licensing servers , but I see it looks as if it is undergoing more testing. And I thought the SIM unlocker was going to be free for one use but that it was the bulk users that were going to be charged.(see EDIT) I guess I WAS WRONG I am not tring to derail anyone's hard work, but i am trying to get a pulse on everyone's feelings about this considering all the turmoil that has been going on about the much anticipated release.

EDIT: I agree that CMONEX has been consistent and acknowledge that the posts from her have said "SIM unlocker: not free except for contributing members which doesn't mean financial contribution (though that's fine too)." I believe I saw someones post who may have misquoted her saying that there was a plan to give one SIM unlock for free, and require payment from mass SIM unlockers, so I want to make sure this correction edit is here.I understand the Sim Unlocker will not be "free" according to posts given from the horse's mouth. There has been much heresay on this issue. This poll just wants to see how the majority feels. I think some people do care what Joe Blow, Mary Blow, and Joe Schmoe actually think. Again, this is not meant to be inflammatory but I thought a poll would be easier way to gauge the community's feeling without having to have another controversial thread talking about complaining , etc. Please do not direct inflammatory comments or complain or try to pass judgement, just take the poll , that is good enough. Just trying to get an impartial survey on what the TP2 community thinks.
If i just want to change my ROM to 6.5 or whatever do I need the sim unlocker?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ripleys is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodurrah View Post
If i just want to change my ROM to 6.5 or whatever do I need the sim unlocker?
No, you don't. To load another ROM, you need the HSPL, which will be free to individual users.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Yeh, I'm calling BS or show us how!!!!!!!!!
I can't be 100% sure about Sprint but I can tell you this about Verizon...There's a 1-800 number to call and technical support will give you the unlock code no questions asked as long as you have had service for (I believe) 90 days and good payment history. It could also be a years service but honestly unsure. If you get te right tech though, it is possible to talk them into it. How do I know, I unlocked my Storm previously and if I wanted I could unlock my TP2 no questions asked. Hope this helps!
Old 10-29-2009, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

tornadog is a n00b

I think every poll about the unlocker/hardspl should have the obligatory option "I am an idiot and I have nothing better to do with my time/life". I request mods to insert this option by default whenever a poll is created....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2