View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 03:43 PM
bishop0114
PPCGeeks Regular

bishop0114 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlocker finally releasing

I think people are willing to wait the needed time it takes to get the release. I think that although it drastically changes the dynamics, people are willing to pay the money being asked. I also think it raises the bar on expectations.

So with all that being said, here is my thoughts on the subject.

The problem as I see it is in the execution and not the time, cost or product. For weeks we have been baited along that the release of the unlocker is just around the corner. We have been told it is in the final stage or complete and just a day or two away...

As an IS manager, I know how upset people can be when you promise a delivery and have to change the release date. Diplomacy and a level of delicacy is always necessary.

Repeated promises and delays that get peoples hopes up and then let down will eventually leave negative impressions and may make people feel there may be an enjoyment for the power of theatrics.

Combine those already brewing negative feelings with the censorship and fear of being banned, you wind up with a very unhappy crowd.

The final outcome will nevertheless be the same; eventually there will be a released product and people will be grateful for it. The difference is how people feel about the negative trip the delivery took.

If I had a developer on my staff that pulled the theatrics and then censorship, I would likely not employ them long. The negative feelings elicited from the process would quickly outweigh the positive release of the product.

Last edited by bishop0114; 10-29-2009 at 03:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.