PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the SIM unlocker be free for one phone private use ?
Definitely 132 58.15%
yes but only to Elite Team donators 49 21.59%
No, you should have to pay for the unlocker 46 20.26%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlocker finally releasing

...And @tornadog I request you tone it down a bit and not belittle people, even in jest
Old 10-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Threadstarter

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog View Post
I think every poll about the unlocker/hardspl should have the obligatory option "I am an idiot and I have nothing better to do with my time/life". I request mods to insert this option by default whenever a poll is created....

Feel free to create a thread about it, This was explained in initial post to be poll. It was designed so we could garner an opinion without the need for commentary.Thank you
Old 10-29-2009, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTC touch-pro 2!
Carrier: sprint

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i must say we all appreciate their work and all the whole licensing thing doesnt sit very well by me simply because from what i understand that will mean no unlocking or relocking via micro sd and being that i dont get much computer acces it will be a real pain in the ***

although obviously once unlocked you can flash any rom via mcsd (as far as i understand there is no reason why u shouldnt be able to) still after every replacement or repair u gotto go through that whole thing again... i sincerely hope the relocker will be released freely and available for mcsd flashing, in general i would have liked an option for unlocking via mcsd so i could do everything download extract unlock and flash from the comfort of my phone (As like i said i dont get much comp acces and i do all mt tp2 stuff from my phone...)
Old 10-29-2009, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch pro 2

jathomas0910 is a n00b

I for one is very happy that the unlocker is being released...I am grateful, I hope it's not a one time unlock process or license for the hspl, but if it is I understand because it seems like a lot of work is involved with it as far as the sim unlocker, I can care less I just want to start flashing my phone already but going forward I think I am going to try and learn how to do it myself, some very nice people pointed me in the right direction since every time htc releases a new phone I go bye it..lol

it did scare me because I was reading in some posts that you would only be able to unlock one time but if that’s how it is then that’s how it is, I don’t care.. I'm just happy I get to flash my phone soon so I can have peep on my phone
Old 10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jathomas0910 View Post
I for one is very happy that the unlocker is being released...I am grateful, I hope it's not a one time unlock process or license for the hspl, but if it is I understand because it seems like a lot of work is involved with it as far as the sim unlocker, I can care less I just want to start flashing my phone already but going forward I think I am going to try and learn how to do it myself, some very nice people pointed me in the right direction since every time htc releases a new phone I go bye it..lol

it did scare me because I was reading in some posts that you would only be able to unlock one time but if that’s how it is then that’s how it is, I don’t care.. I'm just happy I get to flash my phone soon so I can have peep on my phone

Search for Cmonex posts. She is the person that has the straight dope on this. She posts in XDA as well and has posted in regard to the unlocker there as well. Asking here is not a good way to get solid information.

Used to be so good.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Another confirmation of today's release for the unlocker. Just tweeted.

http://twitter.com/mightyrom
Old 10-29-2009, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch pro 2

jathomas0910 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonshaker View Post
Search for Cmonex posts. She is the person that has the straight dope on this. She posts in XDA as well and has posted in regard to the unlocker there as well. Asking here is not a good way to get solid information.
Thanks, I well do that
Old 10-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Threadstarter

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

please keep this thread simple. This is basically a poll. I do not mean to sound inhospitable , but this thread is not really for questions and answers . Plenty of those can be found in previous threads. This poll is just seeking the opinion to the question posed using a vote to represent that opinion. Thank you and i am also sure the moderators will appreciate a nice orderly thread without all of the hoopla as some previous ones. " caps off"

Last edited by lefty11; 10-29-2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: remove caps
Old 10-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD SIMPLE. THIS IS A POLL BASICALLY. I DO NOT MEAN TO SOUND INHOSPITABLE , BUT THIS IS NOT THE THREAD FOR QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
jUST SEEKING OPINION TO THE QUESTION POSED USING A VOTE. tHANKS, AND i AM SURE MODERATORS WILL APPRECIATE IT ALSO.
Thanks for yelling.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

why are you yelling?

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2