PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to offically unlock verizon tp2 sim for gsm use

Or use this program to switch between cdma and gsm. Just paste it in your program menu.
Attached Files
File Type: rar SwitchMode_Eng.rar (6.6 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by constitutionalist View Post
I just called Verizon global a few hours ago and they unlocked my phone without any hassle. The guy was also quite nice. After I did so, I installed my T-Mobile sim and it worked without a hitch. I haven't tried to set up data, however, since my Tmob prepaid plan would make that rather expensive, so I'm fine without it.

At any rate, what's cool is I can switch back and forth between Verizon and T-Mobile without taking out my sim at all. All I have to do is go into phone settings and switch between GSM and CDMA and the phone does the rest. So basically, I can carry two phones in one (well, three, counting Skype). With call forwarding, this adds another insane but cool layer.

Since I have unlimited vzw to vzw minutes as well as unlimited tmob to tmob minutes, I can switch radios depending on whom I'd like to talk to. Also the tmob unlimited nights starts at 7pm instead of 9, as vzw does. Pretty spiffy.

Edit: I was also able to connect with the Vodafone sim I brought back that has my UK number on it (not the Vzw-Vodafone sim that comes with the Vzw TP2). Albeit it connected roaming through AT&T, it worked great.
great to ere is worked for u!! enjoy the dual network device, its the first of its kind for use cdma users!! hopfully it wont be the last!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
great to ere is worked for u!! enjoy the dual network device, its the first of its kind for use cdma users!! hopfully it wont be the last!!
Yep, super spiffy (or "spiffing" as they say across the pond). I do wonder that the dual mode capability has more to do with CDMA providers phasing that out and switching to GSM c/o 4G LTE. So the party might be short-lived.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by constitutionalist View Post
Yep, super spiffy (or "spiffing" as they say across the pond). I do wonder that the dual mode capability has more to do with CDMA providers phasing that out and switching to GSM c/o 4G LTE. So the party might be short-lived.
yes and no! even when the lte light is flipped on verizon will still use the legacy network primary! lte will start as a premeum ior a new way to get customers! they will probly use the 2 and 3g networks for calls and data respectivly for a long time!!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
yes and no! even when the lte light is flipped on verizon will still use the legacy network primary! lte will start as a premeum ior a new way to get customers! they will probly use the 2 and 3g networks for calls and data respectivly for a long time!!

Ah, good point. Otherwise a majority of customers would be really miffed. As Bill and Ted once wisely pronounced, "Party on!"
Old 12-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Just thought I'd add that I'm in Italy for the next month and was able to pop in 3ITA sim and immediately hop on their HSPDA network. The phone works great and is fully compatible with their W-CDMA network. Not to mention that it only costs 5 euros (~$8 ) for 3GB of data transfer. When will US providers learn?

And the kicker is this, the TP2 can use voice AND data at the same time over here. How depressing is that, the phone actually gains a incredibly useful feature when used outside its native country. I'll post some screen shots when i get a chance.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The TP2 can use voice and data here in the US but only using gsm mode and not normal cdma.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
Just thought I'd add that I'm in Italy for the next month and was able to pop in 3ITA sim and immediately hop on their HSPDA network. The phone works great and is fully compatible with their W-CDMA network. Not to mention that it only costs 5 euros (~$8 ) for 3GB of data transfer. When will US providers learn?

And the kicker is this, the TP2 can use voice AND data at the same time over here. How depressing is that, the phone actually gains a incredibly useful feature when used outside its native country. I'll post some screen shots when i get a chance.
It's pretty depressing. That said, I think the TP2's native country is Taiwan.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post

im so jealous right now!!
Old 12-16-2009, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic)
Carrier: Sprint

modembug is keeping up the good workmodembug is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to modembug Send a message via MSN to modembug Send a message via Yahoo to modembug

Using MM Impact Rom on a Sprint Rhodium W I have the option to switch to GSM from CDMA, sadly I do not have a SIM card from a GSM carrier to try it out... Has anyone else tried to get GSM functionality on a Sprint Rhodium?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2