PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: high cpu usage?

[QUOTE=heydjbobby74;1222403]Yeah me too. I think the TP2 is just that way until someone comes out with an unlocker so we can put custom ROMs on our devices![/QUOTE

I have a flashed to 6.5 rom and the memory starts out at 43 or so%, then gradually increases to about 63% by the end of the day. Then again I got about 40 cabs installed. I like my phone loaded.

I dont have battery issues or ever got the out of memory Warning even on the stock rom, even playing The accelerometer version of the NFS.

For anyone with T-Mobile I suggest running the A.Z.T.O.R. Rom over at Xda-Developers.com

Its a fantastic 6.5 rom. I almost feel superior being that not many people have the unlocker yet and are all running stock rom. ANYONE ELSE FROM TMOBILE HAVE A FLASHED TP2?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmithsr View Post
Even with the fixes I still end up around 60% after a few hours.
You can always disable TF3D. I'm running 30-33% w/o TF3D and a slew of plugins. It's easy enough to turn it back on when you want to show off or just mess around.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:53 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
How much is not enough available RAM? Does the phone start to slow down for anyone after a certain percent? Or does it run fine till it hit 100%?
Ive never had a problem of being slow or etc even when I got a ton of programs open including having Windows Media Player open and We know how much of a memory hog that is.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

any programs out their that monitor what all is running?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

paris1129 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwampus View Post
You can always disable TF3D. I'm running 30-33% w/o TF3D and a slew of plugins. It's easy enough to turn it back on when you want to show off or just mess around.
Hoe do you disable, or turn off TF3D? I have not been able to figure out how to do it.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
any programs out their that monitor what all is running?
Try this:

http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm

I like Memmaid's interface better, but the above is free. It also includes soft reset tool, registry editor, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris1129 View Post
Hoe do you disable, or turn off TF3D? I have not been able to figure out how to do it.
Start>Settings>Today>Items>[de-select] "TouchFLO 3D"

Cheers.
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine:

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Yes I was confused. In the upper right hand corner of the today screen, where you can drop down to see what programs are running and it also tells you the usage, for example 57%. If I have a few different programs running and say the drop down icon shows I am using 57% of my memory, when I close down all running programs, I only get back like maybe 5% of the memory. Am I doing something wrong? On the TP1 I never had this problem.
TP2 has a few more processes running, especially if you run TF3D. All of the menu and interface enhancements take memory. If you use an application like Memmaid, you will see a lot of plug-ins and service that start automatically.

I have gone through and disabled many of the startup apps and services associated with TF3D, as well as others that are not needed--such as the Customer Experience upload agent. I have seen some gains in memory, but for most people, it might not be worth the trouble.

I have been trying to map all of the services so we know what can be turned on or off, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of knowledge out there:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85027

The DotFred app I cited above will give you real CPU utilization. At idle, the CPU should be somewhere below 5% (not counting DotFred running). I have been able to get my device down to 1% at idle. This helps improve battery life.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Threadstarter

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

[QUOTE=Dragon2;1222516]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Yeah me too. I think the TP2 is just that way until someone comes out with an unlocker so we can put custom ROMs on our devices![/QUOTE

I have a flashed to 6.5 rom and the memory starts out at 43 or so%, then gradually increases to about 63% by the end of the day. Then again I got about 40 cabs installed. I like my phone loaded.

I dont have battery issues or ever got the out of memory Warning even on the stock rom, even playing The accelerometer version of the NFS.

For anyone with T-Mobile I suggest running the A.Z.T.O.R. Rom over at Xda-Developers.com

Its a fantastic 6.5 rom. I almost feel superior being that not many people have the unlocker yet and are all running stock rom. ANYONE ELSE FROM TMOBILE HAVE A FLASHED TP2?
Without being a T-Mobile customer I would argue that Sprint may have more software loaded to the device than any other carrier. This is what I have heard quite a few times even by other carriers reps. I am not sure though. I will try to shut down some running programs within TF3D, but I LOVE TF3D, so I won't shut that down. I guess I will have to deal with this for now. I think the TP1 was better in this aspect of memory useage percentage, but overall I am WAY happier with the TP2. And no I wouldn't trade it for a Hero....

Thanks to all!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 10-08-2009, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

madmax2k1 is becoming a great contributor

So how accurate is the CPU usage reading provided by the TF3D meter in the upper right corner? Is it normal for the CPU usage to be always above 50%?
Old 10-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2k1 View Post
So how accurate is the CPU usage reading provided by the TF3D meter in the upper right corner? Is it normal for the CPU usage to be always above 50%?
This is not measuring cpu use its measuring the amount of ram that is being used.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2