PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

bstan is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Insurance or not????

I can't believe how expensive the insurance plans have become. I am grandfathered into the old plan $5/month or less and $50 deductible. If I had to pay $100 just to get a refurb I would drop the insurance.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

I drink too much to not have insurance...
Old 10-06-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

furrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to furrelkt

I say NO to insurance, when you can buy one new online somewhere, craigslist, etc..

ROM: Fresh
Rooted/NAND
Don't forget to give
Old 10-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilevader View Post
I agree... wonder how many of the same people also get insurance on printers, computers, cameras, etc, etc. Reminds me of my uncle... he had extra insurance on everything!!! It was a colossal waste of money.

I agree with the year idea...

I would add, that this time next year, win 7 will be out. How many of us will REALLY keep the touch pro2 then? I won't...
I have insurance on my phone but i don't have it on any of the things you mentioned. But of course none of the things you named cost $600 that i carry around and use every minute of my life either. Most didn't pay $600 to get their phones but if something was to happen, with a device that i'm on most of the day (so of course something could happen) then you would have to pay $600 to replace it or go back to using your tp1 or whatever phone you came from. this is a never ending battle because every person is different. One person said the trick is to baby your phone, that is not going to happen because i use it to often. Like someone stated, it could break when youre drunk, or mad, or you just happen to be to busy and forget it somewhere. this question is almost as bad as the carrier question.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Its all up to you. I only lost my phone once, and that was when I had my sprint apache. It was the best thing to happen to me because assurion sent me a brand new touch pro the next day

Anyway, considering the price of my plan, I can easily afford to have the TEP, and it has proven to be quite a valuable addition (I have gone through 5 TP's, and 2 Apache's). Although only one phone was ever lost.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:48 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrelkt View Post
I say NO to insurance, when you can buy one new online somewhere, craigslist, etc..
you go spend that 450$
Old 10-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
you go spend that 450$

What you got to understand in the sprint world is this.Many people do not know that if you DO NOT have insurance that within the year if it goes bad you can get a free replacement if they can't fix it.Lets say the keyboard peels or starts to go bad and it is withing a year sprint will replace it free.

The insurance is 7$ a month and a 100$ dect. and you get a REFURB

So as long as you do not lose it or drop and break it there is no reason to have it.Now if my Daughter or my other Daughter had 1 they would have it in a hearbeat since they love to forget phones.

I work in my home and my phone never leaves my side and when i go out i know where it is all the time.

Guess it is different for everyone.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

so to ALL the people that say no insurance you guys are trippin. 1st by having insurance on a 600 machine gives you peace of mind. 2nd i have a tp2 already and sprint just replaced my tp1 i dont even use anymore for a tp2 which im going to sell next week for at least $300, and youre telling me insurance is not worth it.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

This is the way I think of it...

If you really don't wanna go with insurance, personally take $7 every month and add to a personal savings account. If anything goes wrong, you can use that money to replace the phone.

If you're like me and will forget, refuse to, or are to lazy to set aside extra money, add the insurance option and have the added benefit of having extra protection noted on your account.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I like pie and cake

Mod Edit: Umm... what?

Last edited by [sammich]; 10-22-2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: WTF.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2