PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 is my first wm phone
Carrier: VERIZON

lw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Insurance or not????

ok i never had insurance before.. but this is my firs WM phone and these phones dont come cheap... so my question to all is , should i get the insurance $7.99 on verizon.. im very careful with my things.. but i do tweak the hell out this phone.. i dont want it to brake on me one day. let me know!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Insurance or not????

Insurance. Definitely.

The phone is $600. You carry your phone everywhere you go. You use your phone a lot.

'nuff said

But if you're scared because of tweaking, that's not much of a reason to get insurance. It's more so if you're scared of dropping your phone and being out over half-a-grand.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ghamden is keeping up the good workghamden is keeping up the good work

I never buy providers insurance only the extened warranty but i always add it to my home owners as a rider they charge 5.00 per hundered per year for instance

HTC touch pro 2 cost 500.00 = premium 25.00/year covers loss stolen accidental damge 0.00 deductable

i cover all my camera laptop computers same way i trust my insurance provider more than i would assurion.

Hope this is helpful
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

I actually say "no" to Assurian insurance, and here's why:

1) This phone can be found right now for $350-400, unlocked, without a contract if you do some searching. It might carry a MSRP of $600, but it can be had for far less. As carriers have been trying to undercut each other's prices, the cost of unlocked phones comes down, too. I bet it settles around $350 in the next 6 months.

2) Verizon (my carrier, at least) will give you the publicly listed price on their phone ($299 plus $100 rebate = $199) after one year into your contract, provided you extend another two years. Since Big Red has the best coverage in my area and I have no intention of switching, this is OK with me (but I appreciate that your situation might be different).

3) Assurian (sp?) just raised it's deductible on smartphones to $100 (doubled from it's previous rate) and darn near tripled the insurance cost per month with regards to smartphones. I could live with it when it was $2.99 a month and a $50 deductible on my i760... but now, it's just to high IMO.

4) Assurian almost always sends out refurbised phones. I haven't had to replace any of my personal phones... but I've made three claims over 6 years on the wife's account (she's not as nice to her stuff). Each time I was a little disappointed with the service and the products Assurian delivered. Since she's carrying simple QWERTY phones, I'm not insuring her anymore, either.

So factoring in the $100 deductible + $8 per month + watever $$$ it's worth to get new vs. refurb... bottom line, if I breaks it in six months, I'm out $200 when compared to a refurb through Assurian... after one year, it's a wash and just extend my contract... beyond one year I'm ahead of what I would have paid in insurance and getting further ahead each month.

Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghamden View Post
I never buy providers insurance only the extened warranty but i always add it to my home owners as a rider they charge 5.00 per hundered per year for instance

HTC touch pro 2 cost 500.00 = premium 25.00/year covers loss stolen accidental damge 0.00 deductable
Now this, on the other hand... I can see as a very good idea. I will be looking into going this route as well.

Thank you ghamden!

Last edited by msh441; 10-05-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

If you had sprint i would definitely tell you yes, without a shadow of a doubt. But I don't know how verizon works.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
I actually say "no" to Assurian insurance, and here's why:

1) This phone can be found right now for $350-400, unlocked, without a contract if you do some searching. It might carry a MSRP of $600, but it can be had for far less. As carriers have been trying to undercut each other's prices, the cost of unlocked phones comes down, too. I bet it settles around $350 in the next 6 months.

2) Verizon (my carrier, at least) will give you the publicly listed price on their phone ($299 plus $100 rebate = $199) after one year into your contract, provided you extend another two years. Since Big Red has the best coverage in my area and I have no intention of switching, this is OK with me (but I appreciate that your situation might be different).

3) Assurian (sp?) just raised it's deductible on smartphones to $100 (doubled from it's previous rate) and darn near tripled the insurance cost per month with regards to smartphones. I could live with it when it was $2.99 a month and a $50 deductible on my i760... but now, it's just to high IMO.

4) Assurian almost always sends out refurbised phones. I haven't had to replace any of my personal phones... but I've made three claims over 6 years on the wife's account (she's not as nice to her stuff). Each time I was a little disappointed with the service and the products Assurian delivered. Since she's carrying simple QWERTY phones, I'm not insuring her anymore, either.

So factoring in the $100 deductible + $8 per month + watever $$$ it's worth to get new vs. refurb... bottom line, if I breaks it in six months, I'm out $200 when compared to a refurb through Assurian... after one year, it's a wash and just extend my contract... beyond one year I'm ahead of what I would have paid in insurance and getting further ahead each month.

Just my opinion.

Now this, on the other hand... I can see as a very good idea. I will be looking into going this route as well.

Thank you ghamden!

I have sprint and i say the same i do not wan that 8$ per month when if something goes wrong not my faulkt they replace it free anyway for 1` year.

Plus the 100$ i agree take care of it and noway you can lose as long as it is not your fault they replace it free at the sprint store for 1 year.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
I have sprint and i say the same i do not wan that 8$ per month when if something goes wrong not my faulkt they replace it free anyway for 1` year.

Plus the 100$ i agree take care of it and noway you can lose as long as it is not your fault they replace it free at the sprint store for 1 year.
I agree, if you say nothing will happen to your phone that you caused then i say the insurance is useless also. But I tend to think anything can happen, and only paying $100 for losing my phone or dropping it in water is definitely something i don't mind paying $7 for. Our insurance is $7 not 8, not that that makes a difference.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

I have it..I like the the piece of mind. are you risk averse?????
Old 10-05-2009, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 is my first wm phone
Carrier: VERIZON
Threadstarter

lw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

so the phone wont brake by the tweaks and the hard spl roms?

because me braking the phone will not happen. i never lost or broke any phone.. in all my 15years of owning phones.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

with VZW its actually 6 a month with an $89 deductible, on a phone this expensive i think its worth it in the off chance it gets lost/stolen

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2