PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Insurance or not????

I read a study within the last year that said overall it was not worth it to get the insurance, warranty or extended service plans on pretty much everything out there, unless you're a high-risk person, meaning that you break most of your possessions because you're careless or don't know how to parent your kids.

The trick to avoiding problems is to baby your devices and READ before installing. Don't get all excited and download from the first post of a cab thread. Read through it all to find out any risks or potential problems. I've been saved a few times from this. No hard reset at all since purchased in August, and plenty of apps/mods to brag about. And then onto the babying: Not a scratch on my device. Tough T-Mobile leather case. And my MDA was full of scratches, dents, and everything. I decided to not cheap around and not just use my phone like it was some toy. Babying the hell out of it and proud.

If you want to use it as a toy, go right ahead and get the insurance and whatever else you need. But I think many people here will agree, this is a powerful device that shouldn't be tossed around like it was some iPhone or Razr.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
Absolutely. look at it this way

6$ a month over a 2 year contract

6x24 = $144

89$ deductible.

vurses a 600$ retail price.

Even if you had your device lost/stolen/broken THRICE it's a steal

Not to mention you always get it new, thats what insurance means. if you get it refurbished, complain and ensure you are given new and make sure. they ALWAYS do not reset your contracts
Ok it is 7$ not 6$ on sprint

100$ on sprint

600 retail you would not have to pay mopre then 350$ for a new one on ebay or other places.

And the not to mention you always get a new one? they only send you refurbs from insureon which when they come avil you can get on ebay for 300$

Insurance for sprint is not wirth it to me.The only way it is if you drop it lose it cause with sprint if something goes wrong within the first year they replace it free anyway.

I had to return the touch pro 3 times with no insurance and all 3 times i got a refurb but paid nothing.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

at first when i ordered the phone i decided against insurance since ive always treated my devices with such care, but then i was thinking that it could get lost or stolen or something...anything is possible and for the money its worth it. especially since right now i have no case on my phone
Old 10-05-2009, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
Absolutely. look at it this way

6$ a month over a 2 year contract

6x24 = $144

89$ deductible.

vurses a 600$ retail price.

Even if you had your device lost/stolen/broken THRICE it's a steal

Not to mention you always get it new, thats what insurance means. if you get it refurbished, complain and ensure you are given new and make sure. they ALWAYS do not reset your contracts
Nobody is paying anywhere near $600 for these devices (I paid $149 for mine)

~John
Old 10-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

theyre running around 400 on ebay prolly with bad ESSN's too
Old 10-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX
Carrier: Sprint

mobilevader is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Ok it is 7$ not 6$ on sprint

100$ on sprint

600 retail you would not have to pay mopre then 350$ for a new one on ebay or other places.

And the not to mention you always get a new one? they only send you refurbs from insureon which when they come avil you can get on ebay for 300$

Insurance for sprint is not wirth it to me.The only way it is if you drop it lose it cause with sprint if something goes wrong within the first year they replace it free anyway.

I had to return the touch pro 3 times with no insurance and all 3 times i got a refurb but paid nothing.
I agree... wonder how many of the same people also get insurance on printers, computers, cameras, etc, etc. Reminds me of my uncle... he had extra insurance on everything!!! It was a colossal waste of money.

I agree with the year idea...

I would add, that this time next year, win 7 will be out. How many of us will REALLY keep the touch pro2 then? I won't...
Old 10-05-2009, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

OK, all my comments were summed up by others on Page 3. Replied before I read further.

Insurance is a gamble. Those who buy are betting that their device will get broken. Those who don't are gambling that somthing won't. If I break my device in the first year, I loose out. If its past a year, I don't. Simple as that.

As far as getting a new device through Assurian... read the fine print... they absolutely DON'T have to give you a new device. In my experience, they do not. Don't be fooled. Simply Google Assurian and see what customers are saying.

I'm not opposed to insuring my phone. Rolling my TP2 into my homeowners at the costs quoted here ($25 per year covering a $500 device at a $0 deductible), that's smart. $8 per month plus a $100 detuctible for a refurb, is not IMO.

Last edited by msh441; 10-05-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

the rep told me 6 so i will make them stick to that quoted price, on a side note i rent...can i insure it through renters insurance or maybe the people that do my car insurance or something? also would like to point out that usually if you purchase with a mastercard you get the double manufacturer warranty
Old 10-06-2009, 01:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2

Zap! is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghamden View Post
HTC touch pro 2 cost 500.00 = premium 25.00/year covers loss stolen accidental damge 0.00 deductable
How do you get that plan with Verizon? I have the one that's like $5 a month with a $50 deductible.
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png
Old 10-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
How do you get that plan with Verizon? I have the one that's like $5 a month with a $50 deductible.
You don't get it with Verizon. It's through your homeowners insurance...

I don't get Sprints Warranty anymo. Squaretrade 4 me. I got it for $68 after 30% discount, for two years. One time cash replacement up to $400. $50 ded for ADH.

$68(plus $50 ded) vs $168(plus $100 ded) I know where my money is goin...
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2