PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

gambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
I still could not get the voice guidance part to work. First I had it on my WM6.1 and I gave up on it.

Now I am using the stock WM6.5 from Sprint and I still hear no voice. I did see the Dave and Susan voice that I can choose from.

Follow exactly as in Post #1.

I dont have anything on memory and its 54% full.

Any ideas?
If you want to switch up ROMs use the newest MightyROM. Before I started using it TTS didn't work with any other rom I tried, although I didn't try deleting the iGO data and then putting it back on or anything like that. However with the newest Mighty it works fine, I actually got annoyed with it after awhile so I turned it off
Also, I'm not convinced it has a lot to do with memory, even when my memory runs into the 80th percentile the voices still work, however they didn't work no matter how much memory I had on the older MightyROMs I used.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Funny why it is not working on mine? If I use the regular voice, it work just fine.

My 3D building and redlight cam warning works fine too.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xxrzdxx is a n00b

Do any version of igo exist that allow both tts and automatically importing contacts as POIs?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Gsaraco is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsworm View Post

Before running any Navigation program on your phone, you should make sure that Quick GPS doesn't expire yet.
Could someone explain to me what this means? Do I have a limited window of time to use this program?
Sorry, I am new here! Just got my phone this week and I'm trying to learn the ropes (did that Hard SPL thing last night so I'm ready to roll).
Old 04-17-2010, 04:27 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsaraco View Post
Could someone explain to me what this means? Do I have a limited window of time to use this program?
Sorry, I am new here! Just got my phone this week and I'm trying to learn the ropes (did that Hard SPL thing last night so I'm ready to roll).
No time frame dude, Quick GPS uses internet to download latest Satelite data, which should help your TP2 to connect quickly, it lasts 7 days, and u can set it to auto refresh....however that is not a must...anyway happy rolling dude
Old 04-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Gsaraco is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
No time frame dude, Quick GPS uses internet to download latest Satelite data, which should help your TP2 to connect quickly, it lasts 7 days, and u can set it to auto refresh....however that is not a must...anyway happy rolling dude
Thanks man! So there is no extra charge for updating it? When I saw the option "Remind me when data expires" it sounded like it was some sort of free trial period. That tripped me up and made it sound like I'd end up paying extra for it later.

EDIT:

okay I've got a really dumb question here. Where do I actually get IGO8? I followed the links on the company website, but it took me to some different product called On Course, when then directed me to an amazon page that listed some GPS systems from different unrelated companies.

Last edited by Gsaraco; 04-17-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

civilzhang is a n00b

I got TTS to work on my TP2 but the directions I got was turn right and turn left, no street name was voiced. Any idea of solving this probelm? Thanks!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilzhang View Post
I got TTS to work on my TP2 but the directions I got was turn right and turn left, no street name was voiced. Any idea of solving this probelm? Thanks!

how do you know it's TTS and not regular voice?

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 04-27-2010, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
how do you know it's TTS and not regular voice?
Most of the TTS voices will have TTS in the file name.
If you're getting "Turn Right" and "Turn Left" then the voice you are using is not TTS.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

civilzhang is a n00b

I selected the TTS voices in the settings but it just gave me Turn Right and Turn left instructions. Not sure why this happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1 View Post
Most of the TTS voices will have TTS in the file name.
If you're getting "Turn Right" and "Turn Left" then the voice you are using is not TTS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps