PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

DaddyLongLegs is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Here's something interesting I came across. Like all of you, TTS worked fine on me with WM6.1 but 6.5 destroyed it. Anyway, I reboot my phone and have like 120MB (no touchflo or anything) and TTS does not work. I run cleanRAM, it tells me no change as in it freed up no memory at all. I then run Igo8 and TTS works! It's so strange but I've tried and tested my method over 20 times and I can confidently say it works. I don't know WHY it works, but it does. TTS should be working fine with like 60MB of free memory...this problem is strange indeed but at least I found a half-assed solution
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyLongLegs View Post
Here's something interesting I came across. Like all of you, TTS worked fine on me with WM6.1 but 6.5 destroyed it. Anyway, I reboot my phone and have like 120MB (no touchflo or anything) and TTS does not work. I run cleanRAM, it tells me no change as in it freed up no memory at all. I then run Igo8 and TTS works! It's so strange but I've tried and tested my method over 20 times and I can confidently say it works. I don't know WHY it works, but it does. TTS should be working fine with like 60MB of free memory...this problem is strange indeed but at least I found a half-assed solution
Dude, I just did the same thing. I booted up to Titanium with 110MB free and TTS WASN'T working. Ran cleanRam. Relaunched iGo & it works now! Goofy, but I'll take it. . . . You have been thanked.
---- Former Verizon XV6700
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATT

lan_baba is a n00b

Skin link has some problem?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
I have a custom mort script that will turn off TF3D, run CleanRam (I have custom process enabled to exit Opera and Tmail within CleanRam), then run Igo8. Once you are finished with Igo and you exit, TF3D will restart. This took some testing, but this works everytime with the high quality TTS voices. I have had no issues. I have posted the code below, this will work on your device providing that you install CleanRam to your "device" and your IGo program is listed as "\storage card\iGO8\igo8.exe". These HQ TTS voice issues baffled me for months, but now they work consistently without a soft reset.

Again this code will stop TF3D, Run CleanRam, Start Igo... then when you exit iGo it will restart TF3D.

manilastate=ProcExists("manila.exe")
If (manilastate)
Kill("biotouch.exe")
RegWriteDword ("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\TouchFL O 3D","Enabled",0)
RedrawToday
endif
RunWait("\program files\htcaddicts cleanram\htcaddicts_cleanram.exe")
RunWait("\storage card\iGO8\igo8.exe")
Sleep(5000)
Kill("Repllog.exe")
While ( ProcExists("igo8.exe") )
IdleTimerReset
Sleep(500)
EndWhile
If (manilastate)
RegWriteDword ("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\TouchFL O 3D","Enabled",1)
RedrawToday
Run("\windows\biotouch.exe")
endif

I have attached the script to run with mort script. I hope others can benfit as well. Good luck and enjoy!
I have updated my script to "sense" rather than "TouchFLO 3D". This will work on the newer version of manila. The other script was used in my stock sprint ROM. Thanks for the added tip on the CleanRAM DaddyLongLegs. Lets keep this thread alive, and maybe we can find a concrete solution to something that has baffled me for months. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: mscr iGo8Sense.mscr (585 Bytes, 34 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyLongLegs View Post
You using mightyrom? mightyrom is the only rom that tts doesn't work for me so far.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
You using mightyrom? mightyrom is the only rom that tts doesn't work for me so far.
+1

It is by far the most stable and reliable ROM out there, but it gives me fits on TTS. Reguardless of how much RAM is available. I usually have better success with NRG ROMs with TTS. Anyone else?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

I've tried all the roms since this TTS deal. only mighty's gives me fits so I'm using Malatesa's 6.5.3. 6.5.3 is where it's at. Especially with the threaded email now.

Juicy's also has problems with TTS, but it will work right on bootup sometimes. So it really doesn't work. everybody elses works.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
+1

It is by far the most stable and reliable ROM out there, but it gives me fits on TTS. Reguardless of how much RAM is available. I usually have better success with NRG ROMs with TTS. Anyone else?
Same here. I really like MightyRom. I have to use the script to disable HTC sense to make TTS working. This is true for both iGO and iGuidance.

Maybe I will give Mal ROM a shot.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgarfield View Post
Same here. I really like MightyRom. I have to use the script to disable HTC sense to make TTS working. This is true for both iGO and iGuidance.

Maybe I will give Mal ROM a shot.
Could the potential problem be in the page pool size for the ROM. We could compare these settings with successful and unseccessful TTS ROMs. Thoughts?
Old 01-17-2010, 11:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Vzw

rube77 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
I've had problems with TTS not working on the new stock vzw 6.5. where it was working perfectly for me on their 6.1...same amount of mem free too(round 90)...really aggravating! but if a disable sense and soft reset(disable and cleanram doesnt work) it works fine! Long process...but atleast it will work. Really hope some of the great minds here find a permanent fix! havent tried the mortscript yet but might give it a shot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps