PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW TP2 - No Warning When Battery Is Low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoko185 View Post
My vzw phone does beep at me when the bat is low... I looked through the settings in tf3d on the settings tab > sound > system and id make sure event sounds is set to on.. im still looking through the menus but oddly I cant find any setting I can change the low battery alrt either.
Thanks for the report. And yeah, event sounds is set to "on."

I've only had the phone a week and a half, and it's only run out on me twice. It was in my pocket both times, and it is possible it beeped and I didn't hear it (although at least one of the times, I was in a quiet room, and should have heard it).

Guess I'll try to run it down and see what happens. Let me know if you find anything else.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what hacks and/or programs have you installed, if any?
Old 10-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
what hacks and/or programs have you installed, if any?
Minimal- I've been quite conservative. Epocates, GPS Weather Radar, CorePlayer, netcf 3.5. Some free MS games.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I looked at the registry and it looks like the path for the lowbatt.wav file is incorrect for the notification. It points to lowbatt instead of \Windows\Lowbatt.wav. This is inconsistent with the way the other notifications are setup. You can test my theory by installing the attached .cab file. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but please let me know if it works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

My VZW TP2 just beeped at me and gave a popup notification that the battery was getting low, I think it starts at 10%, then you get another at ~5% or so.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I looked at the registry and it looks like the path for the lowbatt.wav file is incorrect for the notification. It points to lowbatt instead of \Windows\Lowbatt.wav. This is inconsistent with the way the other notifications are setup. You can test my theory by installing the attached .cab file. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but please let me know if it works.
Thanks. I've downloaded the file, but in the interest of minimizing changes to my device, will verify what my TP2 does when the battery gets to 5 and 10% before installing it.

Although, come to think of it, I kind of remember it getting low last week-end while I was using it, a warning message flashed on the screen, but I don't recall (not 100% certain) an audible warning.

I'm also planning on installing a Registry editor this week-end, so maybe I'll just have a look to see what's there to begin with.

Thanks again.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
My VZW TP2 just beeped at me and gave a popup notification that the battery was getting low, I think it starts at 10%, then you get another at ~5% or so.
Interesting...

Can you check the registry setting 8notime refers to above, in terms of whether it refers to 'lobatt' or 'Lowbatt.wav'?

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I checked the value that is changed with the cab, and mine is set to just "lowbatt" not what the cab is setting it to. However, there is another value that is set to "\Windows\lowbatt.wma" that isn't being changed by the cab posted. The key is HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D663-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408} and Wave=\Windows\lowbatt.wma
Old 10-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Interesting. I'm going to let my battery run down today and see what happens. I'm busy with some other stuff, but hope to install a Registry Editor, to check this out as well.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I checked the value that is changed with the cab, and mine is set to just "lowbatt" not what the cab is setting it to. However, there is another value that is set to "\Windows\lowbatt.wma" that isn't being changed by the cab posted. The key is HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D663-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408} and Wave=\Windows\lowbatt.wma
Good catch. I missed that regkey when I was looking last night. Based on your saying it works, and another poster saying it works, I doubt my reg change would have any affect. I would say it's more likely the system volume was turned very low or off when the OP's battery hit 10%. This is especially easy to do if the single volume control is set to off in the TF3D sound settings because you can then control system sound volume level and phone volume level separately.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2