PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW TP2 - No Warning When Battery Is Low?

OK - ran it down pretty fast today (fast enough that it has me a bit concerned!):

When it got low, there was a voice alert warning about the battery. It repeated again, but not for several minutes.

So I guess it is working, and I must have missed it the other times. I guess I was expecting the frequent, repeated tones that all my other phones used - loud and often enough in fact to be annoying, but definitely gets the point across. I kind of wish the TP2 did that, or at least gave me some other options for the alerts.

Thanks to all for the help here, and sorry about the false alarm...
Old 10-03-2009, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, Moto Droid, Palm Pixi Plus
Carrier: VZW

obxKevin is becoming a great contributor

Why be sorry? It may not be a known issue, but you're right. It would be nice to have the option to change it. My phone died while held to my ear in a conversation yesterday. Never heard any warning either.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm pretty sure I've gotten the popups to remind me the phone is almost dead on mine, unless I'm remembering from my old TP. And I have the VZ TP2.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Agreed - this could work better on the TP2. When that's combined with (in my opinion and experience so far, at least relative to my prior non-smart phones) borderline battery life, this does become a practical problem.

Not wanting to start another thread, while we're on the topic of battery life:
  1. What have you all found are the most effective ways of conserving battery power that don't seriously impact performance and useability?
  2. I'm considering getting a second battery which might come in handy at times: is there any way to charge it up outside the phone? Seems inefficient otherwise, as you'll always end up with 2 used up batteries that you'll have to charge sequentially in the phone.
  3. And if there isn't a good way to do this, how good is power retention in these batteries if I charge it in the phone, and then just remove it and keep it around for when it's needed? I know NiMH are pretty bad in this regard, and hope Lithiums do better!
Thanks as always - great forum!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I bought two chargers from ebay to charge a battery externally.

I use one at home & one on my desk at work. I carry a spare fully charged battery with me as I use the hell out of my phone & certain apps like Pandora can really kill the battery........

~John
Old 10-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You guys should be hearing more than a voice alert, you should be hearing the lowbatt.wav sound that's in \Windows\. Try playing than in media player and tell me if that sound is playing or not.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
You guys should be hearing more than a voice alert, you should be hearing the lowbatt.wav sound that's in \Windows\. Try playing than in media player and tell me if that sound is playing or not.
I find Lowbatt (11.4K) and LowBattery (229K), and both will plan in Media Player. They're not that loud or attention getting, and I don't recall ever hearing them in any context, and definitely didn't the other day after the Voice announcements started.

Something like that repeated every 30 or 60 seconds, loud and attention getting enough, would be helpful.

Do others' TP2's do this?

jmorton10: I'll have to check ebay and see about those chargers. If you happen to have a link to the one(s) you bought, let me know.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My battery ran low last night and the audible alerts worked fine. One caveat on my device is that my Voice Command is totally disabled.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
My battery ran low last night and the audible alerts worked fine. One caveat on my device is that my Voice Command is totally disabled.
Interesting - I do have Voice Command enabled on my phone, so that may be what I do get the Voice Alert, but not the other audible alerts.

I use my Bluetooth Headset while driving, and have been assuming I need Voice Command enabled in order to make calls using the headset, leaving the phone in my pocket. If that's not the case, let me know.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

mine punches me in the face at 10%

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2