PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZW TP2 - No Warning When Battery Is Low?

I've been using my TP2 a fair amount - just got it, still learning, playiing, etc. - so I've been running down the battery fairly quickly. A couple of times, it apparently just ran out completely and turned off. As far as I know, there were no audio notifications, vibration, etc. I had put it to sleep, and was in my front pocket both times this happened.

I looked completely through the User Manual, and saw no mention one way or the other about whether or not this is the way it's supposed to behave.

Anybody with any insight on this? I'd prefer to be able to get an audible warning so I could plug it on, etc.

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: VZW TP2 - No Warning When Battery Is Low?

Did u try Start/Settings/Personal Tab at the bottom/Sounds & Notifications/ Click the notification tab at the bottom, click the drop down menu & go to Low Battery and enable it?

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 10-02-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
Did u try Start/Settings/Personal Tab at the bottom/Sounds & Notifications/ Click the notification tab at the bottom, click the drop down menu & go to Low Battery and enable it?
Thanks for the reply and suggestion, but I've been there, and the drop-down options (for this Verizon TP2) do not contain an entry for Low Battery. Multiple other options, but not Low Battery.

Anyone with a Verizon phone have this, or know if this setting might be somewhere else?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Ship Jumper

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If u have voice command, it will announce that the battery is low or if u use Phone Alarm it give u the option to add a low battery alert... You can also use an app like DCI battery that puts a strip @ the top of your taskbar that change colors (from green to yellow & finally red) as your battery depletes

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 10-02-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
If u have voice command, it will announce that the battery is low or if u use Phone Alarm it give u the option to add a low battery alert... You can also use an app like DCI battery that puts a strip @ the top of your taskbar that change colors (from green to yellow & finally red) as your battery depletes
Thanks again, but nope - no options for this under Voice Command. Also, I don't see "Phone Alarm" on my device (is this a 3rd party)?

DCI battery wouldn't have helped either, as apparently my phone died while in my pocket, in sleep mode, display off.

It's hard for me to believe that a phone like this wouldn't have the ability to generate an audible alarm when the battery is running low.

Any Verizon TP2 users that can provide any insight here?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Ship Jumper

To enable in Voice Command check the Status box & yes PhoneAlarm is 3rd party....

If u use Voice Command, click notifications & select Annouce notifications using Bluetooth handsfree if available & uncheck during free time if u wish

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 10-02-2009 at 09:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
To enable in Voice Command check the Status box & yes PhoneAlarm is 3rd party....

If u use Voice Command, click notifications & select Annouce notifications using Bluetooth handsfree if available & uncheck during free time if u wish
Thanks, and I hate to sound like a broken record, but Status was already checked, and there are no options available there that show Battery Alarm, either under Status, or any other of the entries.

And I already have notifications configured as you suggest.

It's really looking like this is a difference between Verizon and your Sprint TP2.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Ship Jumper

Sorry I couldn't be of more help bro...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Sorry I couldn't be of more help bro...
No problem! =D>

At least you tried. Like I said, it may be a Verizon thing, and I just need to wait for one of them to chime in.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VzW

mayoko185 is just getting started

My vzw phone does beep at me when the bat is low... I looked through the settings in tf3d on the settings tab > sound > system and id make sure event sounds is set to on.. im still looking through the menus but oddly I cant find any setting I can change the low battery alrt either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2