PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: SPRINT Touch Pro 2 -Official price drop information

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolApathy View Post
http://www.i4u.com/article27264.html

Websites finally state the obvious... Now to start calling in force to get our price drops!

...Though other sources state this will not happen for retail customers.

http://www.brighthand.com/default.as...Windows+Mobile

I'm guessing even after October 1st it will be hit & miss.

Personally I am contemplating returning both of mine in protest if they only offer the price drop for certain customers. I've been with them way too long (10 years) to be overlooked for a deal that should be available to everyone. Especially with VZ offering it at $199
go return you tp2s and stop creating these stupid threads. There has been 3 theads put up in the last week about this stupid price thing and no one has any proof but yet 3 threads have popped up. Now its the 1st, another thread pops up and still on proof and all youre doing is complaining about your price. Nobody on ppcgeeks can help you with that. If you don't like the price you paid return it, go buy from big red, save a couple bucks upfront, and then get raped on you're montly price, why are you complaining to us. Do you want me to call sprint for you and say thats unfair? I don't see what you expect to get from this thread, unless someone finally does find some proof of $199, then thats when a thread should be created. Just because people get it for a discounted price they are not going to change there actual pricing. They may give someone a credit, but the website will still show the regular price of 349, and we already know sprint gives credits towards the phone, so there would be no reason to start a thread about that when so many people have already stated customer care went back and credited their account.

Last edited by p-slim; 10-01-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
go return you tp2s and stop creating these stupid threads. There has been 3 theads put up in the last week about this stupid price thing and no one has any proof but yet 3 threads have popped up. Now its the 1st, another thread pops up and still on proof and all youre doing is complaining about your price. Nobody on ppcgeeks can help you with that. If you don't like the price you paid return it, go buy from big red, save a couple bucks upfront, and then get raped on you're montly price, why are you complaining to us. Do you want me to call sprint for you and say thats unfair? I don't see what you expect to get from this thread, unless someone finally does find some proof of $199, then thats when a thread should be created.

I have been saying this for days.Why 3 threads with the same crap.Sprint IS NOT going to drop the price on there website.You have to call them and ask again and again till you get lucky with a good rep.

You do understand there are a LOT of trolls on here and they post just to cause a stir.The bottom line is and has been call or echat but other then that why post about it? there is nothing more that this can do.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

rn4emp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rn4emp

Well I've been trying to get them to match the price. and every cust. care agent. says they can't do it. Being that the website doesn't have it as 199. I went throughevery department. very politely and got turned down. I am returning back my phone. because I brought it. 9/3 and my 30 day trial is up. Glad it work out for most people. But starting to have my doubts about this info. Or maybe my tactics lol. Will look tomorrow and hope they do drop it.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn4emp View Post
Well I've been trying to get them to match the price. and every cust. care agent. says they can't do it. Being that the website doesn't have it as 199. I went throughevery department. very politely and got turned down. I am returning back my phone. because I brought it. 9/3 and my 30 day trial is up. Glad it work out for most people. But starting to have my doubts about this info. Or maybe my tactics lol. Will look tomorrow and hope they do drop it.

You do understand the TROLLS WE GOT right now on here right? yes you can get the price match on a per person basis if you get the right rep.But there are Trolls posting in each thread about slashing prices and fake ecat's etc......I wish i could get the op to cut this thread and the others due to the trolls alone.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
I dont get why people always say how its an overpriced piece of equipment. When compared to verizon, yes it is more expensive. If youre coming from a touch pro and you expect to see big changes, a majority will find it isnt worth the upgrade. But if you have something older than a mogul, or it is your first windows PPC, the price isnt all that bad. Heck, if I had to choose between the TP and TP2 last year for the same price difference, It would be a no contest towards the TP2.
Anyway, I'm not challenging the price change, I just dont like how the article makes it sound like the phone is worthless for the tmo/sprint ask price.
I agree about the price. As a Sprint customer, I was willing to pay full cost when the phone was released.

The phone was high priced, but not all cell phone technology is the same.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: blackberry

noisemaker is a n00b

called today and the price was 199 after rebates
Old 10-01-2009, 11:54 AM
ipp
Lurker
Pocket PC: ****you
Carrier: ****you

ipp is a n00b

Complete fail here. Without the price actually dropping, there is nothing I could do.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: blackberry

noisemaker is a n00b

i have been waiting for this day to come. it has arrived, the touch pro 2 price reduction 199.00 after rebate. bye bye blackberry
Old 10-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

The topic was posted to simply make folks aware of new information. If it is a topic you are not interested in please feel free not to enter the topic or post. I am calling them now to determine what I am going to do.

As far as "just dealing with it"... I think I have earned a discount. I've been with them 10 years & had 3 major issues that were all cause for me to cancel & I stuck with them. All I asked for was the credit to cover the service I was unable to use.

Issue #1 (2005) I was being charged every month for roaming when I had roaming included. We are talking several hundred dollars a month I had to call in for for 6 months before someone "fixed it" THe fix didn't work & actually caused me to lose my business number & placed my other 2 personal lines out of service for a week. It wasn't fun lol.

Issue #2 (found in 2007, but apparently started in 2005) After the whole mess with my phones was fixed they could not reactivate 1 of my phones. I went to a Sprint store (out of town) and thought everything was resolved. However they were apparently charging me taxes for TN, as well as OH because the replacement phone was bought in another state. It was $275.00 in additional fees I racked up by the time they fixed it. Turns out every line has a billing address & a service address. all of the service addresses were right, but the billing address of 1 phone was wrong.

We never noticed because of electronic billing & you have to open the taxes to see the details.

Issue #3. ( 2008 ) I had some Instincts...They consonantly had issues After 4 refurbs they overnighted me 4 refurb Samsung a920's (not even in sold!) charged my account for them, deactivated my other 2 lines & tried to get me to activate the old phones. Turns out those phones were never supposed to be shipped to me. They were recycled phones. Suffice to say it was a mess & I ended up buying 2 HTC TP's with no contract renewal (part of the deal) & swore the next time something happened I was done.

I think compensating me for something that slipped out & other carriers are already offering their customers isn't asking too much lol. I feel I've been pretty understanding, now I'm calling in my marker.

Last edited by SolApathy; 10-01-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

JStewartx is keeping up the good workJStewartx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwampus View Post
Yep. I paid $600. Not losing sleep cause my bill is $40/month. My friends all pay $70-$100/month on verizon.
exactly. if we don't get the $150 credit, our plan will make it up in 4-5 months.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2