PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 03:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPRINT Touch Pro 2 -Official price drop information

Sprint vs. Verizon arguments are just stupid... what are we, back in junior high?

You pick the carrier you like the best based on your criteria.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

disturbed730 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

it seems to me that i must have spent the most for this phone...it retail 649.99 and i got it with a 100 mir...thats still 550.00...but you know what...given all the things this phone gave me access to and the services it provided for me, not to mention the hours of entertainment tweaking and personalizing it...this phone became priceless to me...i dont regret spending that much...i did have it before most...and it definitely is considerably better than my previous mogul...
Old 10-05-2009, 07:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmewoof View Post
Sprint's sticking it to regular customers, both in the 350$, and also in the "sorry you aren't business, we don't give a flying bleep about you, go ahead and go to verizon what do we care". This is just bad business. THIS is why people are upset. .
I really don't care, as I'm a VZ customer & I got mine for $149 (I had Sprint in the past, never again) but this is really a head scratching decision on Sprint's part as they are the ones on the verge on bankruptcy (not VZ).

You would think Sprint would do ANYTHING POSSIBLE to satisfy existing customers, not screw them & then rub their noses in it.........

~John
Old 10-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Verizon has the equipment price point advantage, Sprint has the plan price point advantage. I really don't think Sprint is screwing anyone. It's 2 separate strategies for pricing. I don't mind the initial high cost up front because I can afford it.

Others that can't afford the high upfront cost have the option of going with another carrier like Verizon that gives you a break on the equipment with a little higher cost on the back end. Both companies service a specific group of folks. I think it's great. That way everyone can get one of these awesome phones!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolApathy View Post
Verizon has the equipment price point advantage, Sprint has the plan price point advantage. I really don't think Sprint is screwing anyone. It's 2 separate strategies for pricing. I don't mind the initial high cost up front because I can afford it.

Others that can't afford the high upfront cost have the option of going with another carrier like Verizon that gives you a break on the equipment with a little higher cost on the back end. Both companies service a specific group of folks. I think it's great. That way everyone can get one of these awesome phones!
I second you on this... very well put
Old 10-05-2009, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by migz1134 View Post
I second you on this... very well put
third'd
Old 10-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Anybody know the cheapest place for a person like me, with 1 year contract discount availble to pick up a TP2. Best buy doesnt carry them, which is really disappointing, cause I usually get a better deal there as opposed to the sprint store. Best buy handles all rebates and is usually cheaper. Is sprint store the best option? Thanks.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:24 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

You dont get the MIR with a one year upgrade do you?
Old 10-31-2009, 11:58 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
You dont get the MIR with a one year upgrade do you?
With sprint I will get the $75.00 off, which I am eligable for tommorrow. Still a woping $500. If best had it, they usually have better offer. I was in the same boat with the titan-touch pro upgrade. Best buy had the phone $100 cheaper and they offered $100 for another 2 year plan offer.I got it for $299 when sprint store was pushing $499-75off.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2