PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 03:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPRINT Touch Pro 2 -Official price drop information

http://www.i4u.com/article27264.html

Websites finally state the obvious... Now to start calling in force to get our price drops!

...Though other sources state this will not happen for retail customers.

http://www.brighthand.com/default.as...Windows+Mobile

I'm guessing even after October 1st it will be hit & miss.

Personally I am contemplating returning both of mine in protest if they only offer the price drop for certain customers. I've been with them way too long (10 years) to be overlooked for a deal that should be available to everyone. Especially with VZ offering it at $199

Last edited by SolApathy; 10-01-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: SPRINT Touch Pro 2 -Official price drop information

I dont get why people always say how its an overpriced piece of equipment. When compared to verizon, yes it is more expensive. If youre coming from a touch pro and you expect to see big changes, a majority will find it isnt worth the upgrade. But if you have something older than a mogul, or it is your first windows PPC, the price isnt all that bad. Heck, if I had to choose between the TP and TP2 last year for the same price difference, It would be a no contest towards the TP2.
Anyway, I'm not challenging the price change, I just dont like how the article makes it sound like the phone is worthless for the tmo/sprint ask price.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Well the biggest 2 complaints are that other carriers offer it for $199 & they are offering that level of pricing to a small group of customers. It probably would not have been that big of a deal, the problem is it became public.

Once something like that becomes public knowledge it's too late. Everyone that paid the regular price feels they are entitled to the new pricing as well.

I'm not afraid to say I'm one of those people.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:50 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

My attitude is that anyone with a TP1 that has ever had a problem with the durability of the hardware or had software issues should know that the TP2 is worth every last cent at non-subsidized, non-discounted price. The fact we get discounts at all is fantastic.

Still, the fact Verizon didn't gimp the hardware and is offering it for less is a first for Verizon, and yes, thanks to a little concept called Capitalism, it's a good thing for Sprint and T-Mobile to be called on the carpet on their higher price tag. You want to compete fairly? Lower the price and prove that your service is better!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

Is Oct 1, 2009 and the price of the Tp2 still stands @ 349 on the site.... I dont want to call and complaint about the price if i have no proof of the price being droped...
Old 10-01-2009, 08:30 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think if you wanted to be the first ones to get the brand new phone then you are going topay the premium price. Don't conplain because you couldn't wait for the price to come down.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kevinb13 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to kevinb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
I think if you wanted to be the first ones to get the brand new phone then you are going topay the premium price. Don't conplain because you couldn't wait for the price to come down.
That's a BS statement, it hasn't even been a month yet and the damn thing is supposedly coming down $150. Regardless of what the website reflects, there are a solid number of this site's members getting that $150 back. All of which bought the phone at it's "premium price".
Old 10-01-2009, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
The issue Is not whether I couldn't wait for the price to go down is more about being fair to all their costumers... I didn't care paying the 349+100 MIR, but if the price has drop in less than a month of me paying 349 I believe i am entitle to a price adjustment as well...
Old 10-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinb13 View Post
That's a BS statement, it hasn't even been a month yet and the damn thing is supposedly coming down $150. Regardless of what the website reflects, there are a solid number of this site's members getting that $150 back. All of which bought the phone at it's "premium price".
Yup and Im next tomorrow.....
Old 10-01-2009, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolApathy View Post

...Though other sources state this will not happen for retail customers.

OMG, Sprint is totally clueless.

No wonder they are on the verge of bankruptcy, this should be the final straw for even some of their totally loyal customers.

What a retarded business decision......

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2