PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Seidio stuff Coming Soon :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Don't expect it to last any longer than the stock battery (I don't care what they are claiming the rating to be)

~John

may be true, i had an extra Mugen for my tp but i couldnt tell if it lasted longer.

i do like to have 2 batts, one for back up

Old 09-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Don't expect it to last any longer than the stock battery (I don't care what they are claiming the rating to be)

~John
As a matter of fact, I've had the SEIDIO extended versions for my Mogul AND Touch Pro and YES they DID provide noticeably better battery life. I'll grant you that's based on usage habits more than anything else, but they get me through an active 12-hour work day with about 50% remaining, so that makes me a happy camper.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

they also droped the price after a bit also.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

normalguy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
As a matter of fact, I've had the SEIDIO extended versions for my Mogul AND Touch Pro and YES they DID provide noticeably better battery life. I'll grant you that's based on usage habits more than anything else, but they get me through an active 12-hour work day with about 50% remaining, so that makes me a happy camper.
Seconded. The massive 3,500mAh battery on my XV6800 would not die after three days of use. After a day with heavy email use, it would be down 1/3. I have high hopes for a TP2 Seidio battery/case/holster combo.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff

My personal experience with the Seido case for the HTC Mogul was

* Case did help with avoiding minor scratches since it covers nearly the whole thing
* I doubt it will help your phone all that much if it falls even head height on concrete
* It did seem to make the sliding mech. looser in a bad way, it put pressure to increase the gap where it slides
* The little plastic tabs that actually hold the case to the phone break incredibly easy and my case didn't last more than 6 months (for me too spendy to replace twice+ a year)
Old 10-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Threadstarter

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Just got a discount code for Seidio, for any purchases above 50 bucks.

OCTSNAP: 10% off 50 Dollar Purchase

Old 10-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Definitely +1 to this post...I had the extended batteries for my Mogul AND my Touch Pro as well. It wasn't the big battery that required a new battery cover, but I noticed a DRAMATIC difference in battery life in both devices. I am happy with the TP2 battery now, but definitely will be ordering the extended battery for the TP2 when the cases are available

Old 10-07-2009, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

vitaminjay1982 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i love the cases...but if they can somehow mold those tabs to be stronger so they dont break when you take the damn thing off...that would be nice. maybe a small piece of metal instead of plastic molded in.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kpeng2 is just getting started

with 3-4 mm extra thickness, tp2 will be a real brick
Old 10-07-2009, 04:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff

There was a really big deal a while back regarding seidio's slim high capacity batteries (the ones that fit with the stock battery cover). I think it was over in the original Touch/Vogue forum. At first people were claiming that the battery life was amazing and a huge improvement, but then someone suggested that it might just be a placebo effect since no one had any hard data, and seidio couldnt provide any information on testing other than "we've tested these batteries, they work much better"....

The board members ended up doing several tests and discovered that the seidio batteries that were rated 200mwh higher than the stock batteries were actually providing LESS battery life when compared to the stock batteries.

I love their innocases and clip-holsters (not really a fan of the innocase/clip-holster combo since the holster in the combo is not rubber coated), but as for the slim direct replacement higher capacity batteries... I'd recommend that you steer clear... or at least read up on them over at the vogue forum before jumping in.

Last edited by fuuup; 10-07-2009 at 04:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2