PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 08:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Seidio stuff Coming Soon :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuuup View Post
There was a really big deal a while back regarding seidio's slim high capacity batteries (the ones that fit with the stock battery cover). I think it was over in the original Touch/Vogue forum. At first people were claiming that the battery life was amazing and a huge improvement, but then someone suggested that it might just be a placebo effect since no one had any hard data, and seidio couldnt provide any information on testing other than "we've tested these batteries, they work much better"....

The board members ended up doing several tests and discovered that the seidio batteries that were rated 200mwh higher than the stock batteries were actually providing LESS battery life when compared to the stock batteries.

That is EXACTLY what I found with the seidio 1500 TouchPro batteries & I tested them extensively.

I have four of those batts & while they seem to be very nice quality, they don't give 5 minutes extra talk time over the stock HTC battery.

I just bought two really cheap ebay batteries & one extra HTC battery from Verizon ($29 with a coupon) for my TP2. That is considerably cheaper than the stock size seidio & will work just fine.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

really...thanks for the info guys, may have just saved me 50 bux. waiting to see what people report.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
really...thanks for the info guys, may have just saved me 50 bux. waiting to see what people report.
Just make sure the type of reporting you're listening to isn't "oooh. this battery lasts so long!".... you should at least look for some kind of test. 50$ is a lot of money to be throwing away at something pointless.

Last edited by fuuup; 10-07-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuuup View Post
Just make sure the type of reporting you're listening to isn't "oooh. this battery lasts so long!".... you should at least look for some kind of test. 50$ is a lot of money to throwing away at something pointless.
absolutely, only real benchmark tests is what i meant, def. not the typical "reviews" we get on here

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2