PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 02:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6900
Carrier: verizon

cdmoore74 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW sold out of TP2?

I'm not surprised at all. On launch day I woke up at 12am to check availability; no dice. I woke up again at 4am and there it was. I thought for sure it was going to sell out that day. I do have a bright pixel but only notice it when the screen is completely dark. During heavy use I'm not even thinking about the pixel. Given the price point and coming from a xv6900 I'm very happy. Just waiting for a hardspl to show up to see what this beast is really capable of.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

RobsOnLine is a n00b

I have been trying to replace my TP2 for a couple of days. I just missed getting one when they sold out. The CSR had one, but I had to call back the next day to wait for a credit on my account. By then, they were all gone. Now I am afraid I am going to be stuck with this one. The CSR told me to send this one back now and not wait, or I would be stuck with it. I also have a problem with my space key sticking. If I send this phone back, that will leave me without a phone since I came from a Sprint TP on VZW. I sure hope they come back in stock soon!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Drewidian is keeping up the good workDrewidian is keeping up the good work

I'm with you cdmoore74. I have one pixel that is always on. The pixel density on this phone is so high, you barely notice. I'm not going to bother trying to replace it since I think this phone is so great.

On another note, does anyone think that Verizon is holding back supplies since 6.5 is having its major launch on October 6th and Verizon wants to release the new OS and its updated Manilla to ver 2.5? Just a thought.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

jbass350z is a n00b

Got mine.. also with my company discount for 149$ :P
Old 09-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

I absolutely love mine and im not surprised that theyre all gone, this phone is incredible...we should all feel lucky to have one
Old 09-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I went to a Verizon store and bought it literally during the time they posted it was out of stock. So the store manager said he would hook me up as soon as he got a shipment. It turns out they get new phones every day, but they dont update the status for the consumer. Gettin it shipped today.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6875

twostep is just getting started

its pretty awesome knowing i'm one of 4000 people who have their hands on a verizon TP2. not gonna lie.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

guess i got mine just in time, does that one tiny stuck pixel really matter that much that you have to get it replaced? its one pixel out of 320,000...
Also these are stuck pixels, not dead pixels, they would be black and never change colors if they were dead.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

At one point today the website had it listed at $149!!! It still said "out of stock" but i was shocked. I called CS and asked about it and she said it was still showing up as $199 on her end. Either way, she searched and searched and finally located one for me and shipped it out today with next day service.... and she waived the shipping!! I'm guessing it will arrive on Monday though. Looking forward to it.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

bajungadustin is a n00b

i called them and they told me they didnt know when they were comming out.. and i was like.. they are comming out tomorrow i want to reserve one... and she said we have no record of this phone comming out they dont tell us a phone is comming out untill the day it is available.,.. so i was like, "ok ill call you tomorrow to get it shipped to me" sure enough i called them the next day and got one shipped at 8 in the morning and it was there at 9 am the next morning.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2