PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM7 on Pro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
NOW THAT SUCKS. I personally would upgrade anyways but for those that wouldn't, being that those devices can and the tp2 can't, thats weak.
How does that suck and neither one of those devices have officially been launched yet???? By the time WM7 is ready and the Leo gets to the states, it will be this time next year and i will be upgrading again. This is just a continuing cycle only difference this time is we are getting a brand spanking new OS with beefed up specs on the new phones to go along with it. for now i will enjoy my lovely TP2
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 09-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

EsotericSage is a n00b

Damn!!!!!! This makes it hard to decide to upgrade or not. But I tend to agree with upgrading to the tp2 now and do it again in about a year!!!!! gotta get my rom fix on ya know!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 06:29 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Samsung i780 is official WM7 test device. And that device is old, but it got the properly coded files and so it will work.

Leo supports 850 and 1900 GSM Freq, What does that mean, that means USA 3G, will it be right away I am not sure, I can confirm that Leo is going to Telstra, and so you can always import. That is what my plan is to do.

Get a Leo, go to ATT (Verizon is the devil) and then play with WM7 when I can
Old 09-22-2009, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
Samsung i780 is official WM7 test device. And that device is old, but it got the properly coded files and so it will work.

Leo supports 850 and 1900 GSM Freq, What does that mean, that means USA 3G, will it be right away I am not sure, I can confirm that Leo is going to Telstra, and so you can always import. That is what my plan is to do.

850 and 1900 GSM frequency, or HSPA/UMTS frequency?

For point of reference, T8385 (Telstra HD) is still going for approx $775 CAD, whereas regular HD is going for $650 CAD (one year later).

X2 is priced somewhere close to $900 CAD

Leo ???

Also... back to the main point of this thread, given No2's previous work, I'm still hoping he can write the BSR necessary to get WM7 to boot on TP2.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
850 and 1900 GSM frequency, or HSPA/UMTS frequency?

For point of reference, T8385 (Telstra HD) is still going for approx $775 CAD, whereas regular HD is going for $650 CAD (one year later).

X2 is priced somewhere close to $900 CAD

Leo ???

Also... back to the main point of this thread, given No2's previous work, I'm still hoping he can write the BSR necessary to get WM7 to boot on TP2.
Yeah no2chem is the man but if he can do that he will be a bad mother...... shut you mouth lol....i got my fingers crossed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

WM 6.5 will be around for awhile MS Plans on keeping it even after WM7 hits the market, 6.5 will be for the lower end phones when WM 7 hits. MS plans on releasing another 6.5 finger frendly version by feb. 2010, WM 7 won't be out ontil 4Q 2010, Here is release notes from another website.

[Windows Mobile 6.5 is launching on October 1, followed by a more finger optimized version in February 2010 and then Windows Mobile 7 in Q4 2010. They are also saying that Windows Mobile 6.5 will go down in price and be aimed at the low end android market ,while Windows Mobile 7 will compete against the iPhone.]

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2009/...february-2010/

I can garantee when WM 7 hits we will all be wanting new phones anyway, Some of us upgraded from the TP to TP2. Everyone enjoy your TP2!!!

I will get my TP2 Oct 1.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Zap! is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
WM 6.5 will be around for awhile MS Plans on keeping it even after WM7 hits the market, 6.5 will be for the lower end phones when WM 7 hits. MS plans on releasing another 6.5 finger frendly version by feb. 2010, WM 7 won't be out ontil 4Q 2010, Here is release notes from another website.

[Windows Mobile 6.5 is launching on October 1, followed by a more finger optimized version in February 2010 and then Windows Mobile 7 in Q4 2010. They are also saying that Windows Mobile 6.5 will go down in price and be aimed at the low end android market ,while Windows Mobile 7 will compete against the iPhone.]

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2009/...february-2010/

I can garantee when WM 7 hits we will all be wanting new phones anyway, Some of us upgraded from the TP to TP2. Everyone enjoy your TP2!!!

I will get my TP2 Oct 1.
I agree. By Q4 2010, any phone with less than a 7mp camera will be unacceptable. Hello Touch Pro 3! Wonder what other improvements you will have.
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png
Old 09-23-2009, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: verizion

aaronpoweruser is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to aaronpoweruser

htc is likely to use the tp2 as a test device for wm7 because it is their flagship phone and will still b in feb so hopefully we will get a leak unless htc has another full qwerty phone in the piple line and if so we haven't i hear about it yet

and it was more than a year between the tp1 and tp2 realese so if wm7 comes in feb it would have to be on the tp2 ecspecially sine htc wants to focus on lower end phones and android so the tp3 is even farther off than that

although if it requirese a capacitive screen with muti touch then we are out of luck no matter what no2chem can do

Last edited by aaronpoweruser; 09-23-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:42 PM
GeoffM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post

pfffft! poor, expensive 3G, Sorry Con, I'll take my service over phone anyday.....

anyways This is not what I understood from the WM Dev conferance nor from the first statements last year from HTC+Microsoft announcements on WM7 with the whole WM Branded "Key" and 3.5 mm audio jack requirements anticipating the TP2 since as it was "Supposed" to be released 6.5 > then to 7, of course any development is subject to change and as WM 7 gets closer and closer to RTMthe "min" specs will finalize I'm not at least worried I'll have hours, and hours on my TP2 before then and will likey update to what ill be the latest and greatest.. I'll wait till I hear more from the manufactuers, and Microsoft before moaning over what may not be..
Old 09-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
How does that suck and neither one of those devices have officially been launched yet???? By the time WM7 is ready and the Leo gets to the states, it will be this time next year and i will be upgrading again. This is just a continuing cycle only difference this time is we are getting a brand spanking new OS with beefed up specs on the new phones to go along with it. for now i will enjoy my lovely TP2
i concur!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2