PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 12:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM7 on Pro2

By this time next year, there may be 4G devices out as well, if not then, surely in 2 years there will be, and I'd guess that whenever the 4G smartphones come out, they'll be WM7 capable/compatible, so I'll take my TP2 now and just upgrade to something better down the road.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
WM 6.5 End of Life is in February
Says who? Last I heard, 6.5 and 7 were going to be sold side by side. 6.5 being for lower end products, and 7 for high end
Old 09-27-2009, 10:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
Says who? Last I heard, 6.5 and 7 were going to be sold side by side. 6.5 being for lower end products, and 7 for high end
I think con means with the release of wim 6.5.1 in february, then that may be the 6.5 EOL. Keep in mind we've had 6.5.1 for a few months so I think that statement is accurate.

Secondly, its con friggin flipper
he's the type of guy that dots his I's and crosses his T's when it comes to getting information, builds, packages from other devices (many of which have not been released)

For instance prior to anyone having knowledge "concrete" of manila 2.5, con had ported elements of it in his new rom as well as a myriad of other things. He's got great insight on the development of pocket pcs

But then, when you have someone like nochem on the case, it makes things very interesting for a few reasons. Even if these devices (while not legacy, but not ready for windows mobile 7) can have a BSP loaded to "trick" a wm 7 environment, our devices are still under equipped. It's not like apache jumping from wm 5 -> wm 6.

I will say this though. The development will be interesting. Good luck to nochem, this will be a nightmare and a half. Likewise good luck to con because it was the little things about this roms (physics of scrolling, meticulous attention to detail as well as pushing the envelope) that made his roms unbelievable.

Scary if those two got together on something
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:07 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

I say that because 6.5.1 is due to be complete in November, from there MS is going to spend until February to do maintenance release, and then they are goign to dedicate all teams to WM7, leaving 6.5, only smaller updates to 6.5 will happen from there.

A lot like what happen with 6.5 and 6.1, some devices might sell 6.5 and others 6.1, but you will have more updates going to 6.5 vs 6.1, (official updates)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:16 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Personally I don't see Microsoft dumping WM 6.5 that fast...as they claimed it is meant for low budget devices and a lot of crave lately has been 100$ touch phones and the like. Once WM7 is done I can easily see WM6.5 being downgraded in a sense to run more efficiently and clean to support these lesser hardware.

Just like there is a crave for netbooks, I can see people wouldn't mind a week device selling for 25$-50$ with windows mobile.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2