PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 02:49 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can someone sum up how to fix video playback on the Touch Pro2?

I initially had the same terrible playback problems other people have had and I did the following, which solved my problems using both the Sprint stock rom and multiple versions of EnergyRom.

Here is what I did:
(1) I got CorePlayer, it was worth it for me because I watch a lot of movies when I ride the train and when I fly. (not sure if there is a free alternative)

(2) I installed the gfx booster mentioned in Post #7.
-run the cab
-soft reset
-look for the program in your settings and open it and make sure it's enabled

(3) I installed some D3D drivers, you can also use the ones from Post #7.
Or you can use newest NeoS2007 driver pack. (here is the xda thread where I got them) [I actually installed both, to see if it made a difference, I did not notice any, so I think installing the gfx booster and one of these D3D drivers is good enough, I have no idea if these make any difference for other programs, as I only was trying to get CorePlayer to play my xvid movies properly].
-run the appropriate cab
-soft reset
-DONE!

I have installed the 3 items in random orders with the same results. Just remember to soft reset after installing the drivers and gfx booster.

After that using CorePlayer I was able to play 700mb xvid files flawlessly, the audio was in sync there were no weird distortions or skipped frames.

I hope that helps some people .

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

Karmashock is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
no, im on a custom ROM. and the sprint cleanup has way too many configurations that i dont want. it's just a package of cabs and edits, so im sure if it really does something to improve video, theres a way to get the changes without installing clenaup... i don't understand why its not working nicely out of the gatees. on the tp it worked flawlessly. is it the extra length of resolution?
I'd look at what it does then and find out. Because I know it does something. All I installed was coreplayer and the clean up pack.

Coreplayer alone was slow and choppy. I installed the clean up pack and it went from 87 percent speed to 113 percent speed.

Either install the cleanup pack or examine it in detail to find out what it does.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nycxhobbes is just getting started

Hey guys just got my touch pro2 yesterday. I'm wondering a few things about video play back on the TP2. I have re-encoded my avi files to H264 mp4 as some people have suggested using videora converter. Files play flawlessly in the album and even in WMP and it looks awesome but the only problem is when I try to scan (like forward to a different part of the movie) the album player and WMP freezes the image but sound continues. I know I am not being so clear on this so let me clarify a bit. If I am at 1:00 min of the movie and I forward to minute 5:00 the image stays at the image shown at 1:00min but the sound continues from 5:00 mins. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and if there is a way to fix it. Thanks again!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Using Win 6.5.3 with CorePlayer 136 and can bench a full size divx file at about 130% and this is with no settings changes in CP. So those having issues may want to try one out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:43 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

I flashed a couple of roms and noticed that if I disable Manila and run coreplayer it runs perfectly, but when I have Manila on it gets choppy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

encode ur videos with this and they will play perfect in album....
Attached Files
File Type: rar Encoder.rar (9.52 MB, 14 views) Click for barcode!

Old 12-02-2009, 03:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Has anybody been able to get the video out to work without the blue flashing problem using CorePlayer & any custom ROM?? (without disabling QTV)

~John
Old 12-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87303
Old 12-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
I flashed a couple of roms and noticed that if I disable Manila and run coreplayer it runs perfectly, but when I have Manila on it gets choppy.
This is the single most helpful post I've seen. I tested and my benchmarks went from 65% to 99-120%. I am trying to work out a way to write a script that kills manila when starting coreplayer and relaunches it when coreplayer exits.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:37 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
This is the single most helpful post I've seen. I tested and my benchmarks went from 65% to 99-120%. I am trying to work out a way to write a script that kills manila when starting coreplayer and relaunches it when coreplayer exits.
That sounds awesome, please do share if you get it working!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2