View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 02:49 PM
japper88
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can someone sum up how to fix video playback on the Touch Pro2?

I initially had the same terrible playback problems other people have had and I did the following, which solved my problems using both the Sprint stock rom and multiple versions of EnergyRom.

Here is what I did:
(1) I got CorePlayer, it was worth it for me because I watch a lot of movies when I ride the train and when I fly. (not sure if there is a free alternative)

(2) I installed the gfx booster mentioned in Post #7.
-run the cab
-soft reset
-look for the program in your settings and open it and make sure it's enabled

(3) I installed some D3D drivers, you can also use the ones from Post #7.
Or you can use newest NeoS2007 driver pack. (here is the xda thread where I got them) [I actually installed both, to see if it made a difference, I did not notice any, so I think installing the gfx booster and one of these D3D drivers is good enough, I have no idea if these make any difference for other programs, as I only was trying to get CorePlayer to play my xvid movies properly].
-run the appropriate cab
-soft reset
-DONE!

I have installed the 3 items in random orders with the same results. Just remember to soft reset after installing the drivers and gfx booster.

After that using CorePlayer I was able to play 700mb xvid files flawlessly, the audio was in sync there were no weird distortions or skipped frames.

I hope that helps some people .

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
This post has been thanked 3 times.