PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Karmashock is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can someone sum up how to fix video playback on the Touch Pro2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
in general for my coreplayer ver 1.3.6 this is the settings I have
I increased the frame buffer to 2400 kb first
I installed GFX and At0mAng drivers and finally I installed the TCPMP codec packs found here. I haven't had many issues with core playing any of my anime (and this is a 4.2 gb 1280x800 file that my computer couldn't play)
Very good playback
can you provide a link to the tcpmp codec found "here"?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

pufftissue is a n00b

Just got my touch pro 2. What a waste of the screen. It's longer and wider than an ipod touch screen, but the ipod touch's screen is a bit taller, when both are laid in landscape mode. These days with everything being wide screen, the touch pro 2's screen is more ideal.

I am going to hard reset and install nothing but the latest coreplayer on it to see if it can play my 480x360 file, which the player says is playing at only 13 frames per second. If it still doesn't work, I'm just disappointed yet again in a windows device.

Update: hard reset, only installed coreplayer 1.3.6, playing an mp4 480x360 file, no difference. bufffer is 2400kb, gdi, raw, qvt, none of it helps. About 15 frames per second. It's too bad. This is with two different sources. They were .mp4. I guess I"ll try .avi.

Update to my update: Coreplayer does indeed work. That was a weird sample video set that I threw at it, I guess. Standard avi was very smooth, and that was full dvd resolution. It is a much better player than the ipod's b/c you can pan and scan just the right amount. I am willing to sacrifice some of the wideangle stuff so that the picture can be bigger. I think that on a 3.6" screen, having full widescreen over 2 hours is not comfortable. A TV show width is, however. Fit + 10 or 20% is ideal for me.

Last edited by pufftissue; 09-23-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Telus

Fluffywings is a n00b

I am running a 640x360 Video at 103% play speed. 1.33Mbit/sec. Qtv, 1024Kb buffer. Video Quality High, Smooth Zoom On. Screen set to 16:9 screen. Left handed.

Used Handbrake with iPhone settings but 640 instead of the default 480 as well as 160kbit audio instead of the default 128kbit.

Got 105% with 2048Kb buffer.

Last edited by Fluffywings; 09-23-2009 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Update Benchmark
Old 09-23-2009, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Karmashock is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
Just got my touch pro 2. What a waste of the screen. It's longer and wider than an ipod touch screen, but the ipod touch's screen is a bit taller, when both are laid in landscape mode. These days with everything being wide screen, the touch pro 2's screen is more ideal.

I am going to hard reset and install nothing but the latest coreplayer on it to see if it can play my 480x360 file, which the player says is playing at only 13 frames per second. If it still doesn't work, I'm just disappointed yet again in a windows device.
Install the tweak pack. Trust me.

Tweak pack + Coreplayer = Win. I think you can go even farther by installing the extra drivers but really all I needed was those two things. Core for me now runs at 105-130% on benchmark from as low as 80-98%. It was a big boost.
I increased the buffer but I don't know if that mattered.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:58 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Telus

Fluffywings is a n00b

If you want, you can check out the thread I started for benchmarking videos on core player. So far I can get 720x400 1.5mbits/s video at 108%.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86705
Old 11-13-2009, 04:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: T-Mobile HD2 Energy Rom
Carrier: T-Mobile

sparks.calvin is a n00b

Hey whats up hoping someone can help. I was having problems at first with locking up the device. Changed from directdraw to GDI no problem now with playback speed. however the videos even when not fullscreened seem to be cropped cutting off the top and bottom. Crazy thing is they are low quality vids with only 320x180 res so it should fit in the screen fine anyone else having this issue thanks
Old 11-13-2009, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Karmashock is a n00b

Is this all videos or just certain videos? where are you getting these?

Also it would be nice to know a list of all the things you've done to the unit since unboxing/hardresetting it.

You've either got something wrong with the video files that would do that on any unit or settings were changed on Coreplayer/codecs corrupted/drivers corrupted.

If it's the file then just reencode properly in the future.

if it's core player there are settings that involve zoom aspect etc.

if it's corrupted codecs/drivers then either reinstall or hard-reset.

Don't know what else to tell you.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:46 PM
N00b

sparks.calvin is a n00b

It happens on any video. It is still a stock rom and have not flashed the device. The only thing I did was take the storage card out of my TP 1 and put in my TP 2. I installed the same version of TCPMP that was on my TP1. The only difference is my TP1 had 6.5 flashed on it where the new TP 2 still has 6.1. The other thing i noticed that is different is that on my TP 1 I did not have to make any changes to the setting for good playback. On the TP2 the only way I can get playback is to disable DirectDraw and switch it to GDI or change the direct draw setting to use blitting. I am really at a loss it sucks too cuz I like to watch music vids and it is cutting off peoples heads and some on the sides all around cropping
Old 11-13-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Karmashock is a n00b

First, try coreplayer... the TP2's video drivers are crap which is why we have to use this lame GDI stuff instead of directx.

Second, there is a TP2 cleanup pack on this site. Install it. My TP2 was doing everything wrong until I install that.

I also was able to "sorta" fix the bluetooth issues on this thing... so ask if you need a solution for that. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is the GPS lag.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:19 PM
N00b

sparks.calvin is a n00b

Cool I was wandering if coreplayer would fix it. Is there a trial version I just can see paying 30 for something that might not work. Also when you say the drivers are no good are you refering to the hardware itself or just the software drivers that it uses

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2