View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 01:35 AM
pufftissue
N00b

pufftissue is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can someone sum up how to fix video playback on the Touch Pro2?

Just got my touch pro 2. What a waste of the screen. It's longer and wider than an ipod touch screen, but the ipod touch's screen is a bit taller, when both are laid in landscape mode. These days with everything being wide screen, the touch pro 2's screen is more ideal.

I am going to hard reset and install nothing but the latest coreplayer on it to see if it can play my 480x360 file, which the player says is playing at only 13 frames per second. If it still doesn't work, I'm just disappointed yet again in a windows device.

Update: hard reset, only installed coreplayer 1.3.6, playing an mp4 480x360 file, no difference. bufffer is 2400kb, gdi, raw, qvt, none of it helps. About 15 frames per second. It's too bad. This is with two different sources. They were .mp4. I guess I"ll try .avi.

Update to my update: Coreplayer does indeed work. That was a weird sample video set that I threw at it, I guess. Standard avi was very smooth, and that was full dvd resolution. It is a much better player than the ipod's b/c you can pan and scan just the right amount. I am willing to sacrifice some of the wideangle stuff so that the picture can be bigger. I think that on a 3.6" screen, having full widescreen over 2 hours is not comfortable. A TV show width is, however. Fit + 10 or 20% is ideal for me.

Last edited by pufftissue; 09-23-2009 at 03:24 AM.