PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pandora for Touch Pro2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjday7 View Post
I think if they could, they would. They had pandora for android within a year. Windows mobile has been out forever and still doesn't have the capability. I don't think it's gonna happen guys. Just deal with what we have working thus far.
Huh?

Are you implying that her response made sense on a technical level?

Please- there is no technical reason for this to be difficult. I think Windows Mobile is just not a priority anymore because it has dropped in popularity lately.

Just about all of her "points" seem misinformed to me- WM is perfectly capable of playing AAC+... if it wasn't, I wouldn't have been able to play AAC+ shoutcast streams in my car for the last 4 years!

Hardware differences? Inherent incompatibility in the OS? Please- I have an app I helped develop in PPC 2003 that still works fine on 6.5 (although it could use some UI changes for the Touch Pro 2 because it is expecting a D-pad to navigate)...
There is absolutely no technical reason for this not to be possible. WM is more than capable, and there is very little that is device specific.

In all honesty, the tweakers here and on XDA have proved that the old app is perfectly functional. The only thing wrong with it is that the darned thing's UI is messed up because it was designed only for QVGA. All they need to do is a minor graphics change, and while they're at it change the stream to a proper AAC, or at least raise the bitrate for the current one (which is using mp3 I assume).
With the proper people working on it, this could realistically take about a week.

No, this IS VERY possible. They just don't seem interested because we're not as popular as Apple or WebOS. And I'm willing to bet the fact that Android app took a year wasn't because they were developing it for so long, but rather because Android wasn't popular enough to care about until a year later.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Huh?

Please- there is no technical reason for this to be difficult. I think Windows Mobile is just not a priority anymore because it has dropped in popularity lately.

Just about all of her "points" seem misinformed to me- WM is perfectly capable of playing AAC+... if it wasn't, I wouldn't have been able to play AAC+ shoutcast streams in my car for the last 4 years!

Hardware differences? Inherent incompatibility in the OS? Please- I have an app I helped develop in PPC 2003 that still works fine on 6.5 (although it could use some UI changes for the Touch Pro 2 because it is expecting a D-pad to navigate)...
There is absolutely no technical reason for this not to be possible. WM is more than capable, and there is very little that is device specific.

In all honesty, the tweakers here and on XDA have proved that the old app is perfectly functional. The only thing wrong with it is that the darned thing's UI is messed up because it was designed only for QVGA. All they need to do is a minor graphics change, and while they're at it change the stream to a proper AAC, or at least raise the bitrate for the current one (which is using mp3 I assume).
With the proper people working on it, this could realistically take about a week.

No, this IS VERY possible. They just don't seem interested because we're not as popular as Apple or WebOS. And I'm willing to bet the fact that Android app took a year wasn't because they were developing it for so long, but rather because Android wasn't popular enough to care about until a year later.
I agree, that was just some bs answer. who knows they may be being payed off by apple or google j/k
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Huh?

My statement had nothing to do directly with there response. You can't expect much other than a bull answer from companies. I just think if it was gonna be done, they would have put the effort in by now. The iPhone, pre, and android have it.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjday7 View Post
My statement had nothing to do directly with there response. You can't expect much other than a bull answer from companies. I just think if it was gonna be done, they would have put the effort in by now. The iPhone, pre, and android have it.
Yes, well, I agree that they don't seem to have a desire to do it.

All the more reason for us to go and email pandora-support (AT) pandora.com and make sure that they realize there is a popular demand for it. I think that is their problem- why spend the time/money/resources on an "antiquated" (not my word for it, btw) platform?
Old 12-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Yes, well, I agree that they don't seem to have a desire to do it.

All the more reason for us to go and email pandora-support (AT) pandora.com and make sure that they realize there is a popular demand for it. I think that is their problem- why spend the time/money/resources on an "antiquated" (not my word for it, btw) platform?
Just sent them an email...

We want Pandora - WVGA
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 6.5.5/Android 2.0.1
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ludacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So I started thinking (probably a bad idea at this time of day)...
The tp2 has some java support and the whole idea of java is that it can be coded once and ran on many different platforms with no issues.
So I did some looking around for some java files knowing that brew phones run pandora in a java application and the storm uses a lot of java too and it might be a java version of pandora.
I found some files but ran into some roadblocks.
I will post what I know through my trial and error.
The attached files will need to be renamed and have the ".zip" removed because they are jar files and cannot be uploaded with that extension.

the A900-mod does install but fails to initialize the application.
using the mdilet bible at xda-dev I removed the permissions that were failing from the manifest file to allow it to install to the device, however I wasn't able to solve the initialization issue.

the A900 does not install with errors of missing javax.microedition.media.manager

the pandora one fails to install because the root certificate used for Pandora cannot be found.

Maybe someone that knows java better on the WM phones could get one of these to work.

EDIT: I too sent an email for better WM support for Pandora, before I went on this Java journey.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jtitus is a n00b
Cool Re: Pandora for Touch Pro2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckrub58 View Post
This is the one I used. It put an Icon in the programs.
Hay, this is working GREEEAAAT!. I thought I was running this cab but just figured out I wasn't. Sprint TP2 OE ROM WM 6.1

Thank You.
You Geeks Rock!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

mammcdonald is a n00b

i use pandora on laptop all the time so it would be great on my phone i have stock sprint touch 2 so witch ones of the above 3 do i install im kind of new to all the new stuff that was mentioned above.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammcdonald View Post
i use pandora on laptop all the time so it would be great on my phone i have stock sprint touch 2 so witch ones of the above 3 do i install im kind of new to all the new stuff that was mentioned above.
there isnt a good working pandora cab for tp2. the sound quality sucks on all of them and there isn't one with wvga support so the buttons are extremely small. super small buttons, worse then mono quality sound, this program is no good. pandora needs to create an app for wvga phones.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
there isnt a good working pandora cab for tp2. the sound quality sucks on all of them and there isn't one with wvga support so the buttons are extremely small. super small buttons, worse then mono quality sound, this program is no good. pandora needs to create an app for wvga phones.
To each his own... I use it all day everyday and the quality is decent and plays in stereo... I wouldnt say its worse than mono... it sounds just as good to me as FM radio... even better if Im plugged direct into the device instead of BT...

Digital quality would be nice but for now Im happy with the program and service...

Anyone who hasnt tried it on their mobile yet I recommend you give it a try and make your own judgements on the quality... I ve heard people say it suck and others like myself who think its pretty darn good...

And the small buttons arent that bad either...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
pandora, touch pro2