PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pandora for Touch Pro2?

pandora-support@pandora.com

let the "winmo wvga support" spamming begin!

I am truly baffled at the fact they have not supported wvga by now. funny thing, it even says on their winmo device page that there are more to come...cough BS, end cough
http://www.pandora.com/on-windowsmobile
Old 12-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I vote this get stickied or at least have a news item mentioning this as a campaign!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

sugosugita is just getting started
Email sent!

Quote:
Hello,
As a user of Pandora for several years I would really like to see a new application made for the current Windows Mobile devices out there.
I currently have a Verizon branded HTC Touch Pro2 and it is in need of a good pandora application.
I have tried a version of the WM app designed for a different WM device that has been modified to run on this phone but it is really lacking in the audio quality department. I was using a BlackBerry Storm 9530 with Pandora and playing the music in my car with it and the audio quality was amazing. Now on the Touch Pro2 its not even good enough to listen to with headphones.
The music sounds like its coming in at 32kbps mp3 @ 22500hz sample rate mono for the WM pandora app but the Storm app sounded like 128kbps aac @ 44100hz sample rate.
I would really like to see a new WM app released. So would many others at ppcgeeks.com and xda-developers.com and howardforums.com
If a generic app that runs on multiple versions of WM (WM 2003, WM5, WM6.0, WM6.1, WM6.5, WM for smartphones) is too difficult I think limiting support to WM 6.1 and 6.5 would make things easier, then you are only supporting touch screen versions of WM that should have very decent hardware specs to run the program.
Thanks.
I hope you don't mind I SENT my email to pandora dev team using your email as a template. Would you have a problem if we used it as such for our other members?
Old 12-10-2009, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor

a friend told me you can fix text size with hd tweaks... havent tried it because i was looking for pandora cab.. seing as how i found it now.... im going to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterit View Post
bobturismo -> same issues on the cabs i uploaded. works fine, text is small.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor

where woukd i go to email them... i have about 4 different emails to send a pandora DEMAND LOL and my bf has pre and has like 6 emails (gready) and he would send emails for me too... i say we start a sticky we all email pandora and post what they reply... and then email them back with other peoples replies that contridicted themselves.. I SAY US WM LOVERS STAND UP FOR OUR RIGHT.... =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>rotest : WE WANT PANDORA.... WE WANT PANDORA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
So I started thinking (probably a bad idea at this time of day)...
The tp2 has some java support and the whole idea of java is that it can be coded once and ran on many different platforms with no issues.
So I did some looking around for some java files knowing that brew phones run pandora in a java application and the storm uses a lot of java too and it might be a java version of pandora.
I found some files but ran into some roadblocks.
I will post what I know through my trial and error.
The attached files will need to be renamed and have the ".zip" removed because they are jar files and cannot be uploaded with that extension.

the A900-mod does install but fails to initialize the application.
using the mdilet bible at xda-dev I removed the permissions that were failing from the manifest file to allow it to install to the device, however I wasn't able to solve the initialization issue.

the A900 does not install with errors of missing javax.microedition.media.manager

the pandora one fails to install because the root certificate used for Pandora cannot be found.

Maybe someone that knows java better on the WM phones could get one of these to work.

EDIT: I too sent an email for better WM support for Pandora, before I went on this Java journey.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

blackg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmDuchess View Post
where woukd i go to email them... i have about 4 different emails to send a pandora DEMAND LOL and my bf has pre and has like 6 emails (gready) and he would send emails for me too... i say we start a sticky we all email pandora and post what they reply... and then email them back with other peoples replies that contridicted themselves.. I SAY US WM LOVERS STAND UP FOR OUR RIGHT.... =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>rotest : WE WANT PANDORA.... WE WANT PANDORA
I assume they do appreciate the support, but spamming them is not going to make them happy. In fact it will probably hurt the movement as it's already not an issue at the top of their list. If you look at what I posted earlier, in my email I gave them the threads here and at xda that were in support of getting a new client for our devices. They may not reply to the thread, but I bet they will check it out. Sending them the same email from multiple people is silly and they are smart and will realize the emails are generic and probably from the same person. There are other ways to show support in a more professional way.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, TP2, BB Bold, Palm Pre, Droid, iPhone 3gs
Carrier: Verizon, ATT, Sprint

iLogiK is just getting started

This is the reply I received:

Thanks very much for writing. Supporting more Windows Mobile devices is definitely something that's on our radar, but for several reasons, it's among the more tricky smartphone platforms to support. Unfortunately we can't do everything we'd like to do at once. It will probably be some time before we have a universal Windows Mobile client ready.

You can find the list of currently supported WinMo devices here: http://www.pandora.com/on-windowsmobile

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

thanks, Jonathan Pandora Listener Support
Old 12-10-2009, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, TP , TP2x2 and now EVO!!!

nutzy19 is keeping up the good worknutzy19 is keeping up the good work

its amazing that Groovefish sound soo good but Pandora , Wunderadio and even .977 music sound tinny and low quality. I wonder what the diff is.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutzy19 View Post
its amazing that Groovefish sound soo good but Pandora , Wunderadio and even .977 music sound tinny and low quality. I wonder what the diff is.
This is exactly why you know they are just giving some bs answer. groovefish with no support and no backing created a simple program with excellent sound that works on all windows platforms, now pandora with major backing is saying they cant create a program that works across the board, i find that hard to believe.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Yea, as many have said. I gave up on Pandora and use Groovefish

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
pandora, touch pro2