PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having trouble staying in 3G? Is your VZW TP2 getting stuck in 1X mode?
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 16 7.27%
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X but I did NOT have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 117 53.18%
No, no problems here AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 7 3.18%
No, no problems here and I never had a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 80 36.36%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (Returned)
Carrier: Verizon

PPCGeek01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodracer View Post
may be its a way of battery saving lol...
here is a fix i did and it seems to work i live near philly and i was experiencing the same issue... i came up with this
1. in phone hit ##778 and hit send
2. hit edit enter 000000
3. view info and select modem settings
4. press and hold preferred mode system and then hit edit
5. set it to automatic
6. save it and let it reset

see if this works for you
I just came up with this today so it has not been fully tested so if you wanna test it go ahead and post back with results
My phone was already on automatic. Thanks anyway.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCGeek01 View Post
My phone was already on automatic. Thanks anyway.
Yeah all of ours should be by default unless you specifically went in and changed that setting.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Newsy Writer
Pocket PC: Droid Charge
Carrier: verizon wired less

hoodracer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to hoodracer Send a message via Skype™ to hoodracer

Quote:
may be its a way of battery saving lol...
here is a fix i did and it seems to work i live near philly and i was experiencing the same issue... i came up with this
1. in phone hit ##778 and hit send
2. hit edit enter 000000
3. view info and select modem settings
5. set it to automatic

I just came up with this today so it has not been fully tested so if you wanna test it go ahead and post back with results

im sorry it was supposed to be preferred mode not preferred serving system
in preferred mode i changed it from CDMA HDR Only to automatic
Old 09-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotATreoFan View Post
I'll be sure to do this once I receive my new phone on Tuesday.
Thanks. I'm was a fan of your Fuze ROM's so for selfish reasons I hope you stay with us

Quote:
5. set it to automatic
This is the same as going in to the phone options menu and changing your network service setting. Unfortunately forcing it to one or the other hasn't fixed it for me in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
I'm going to call on Monday as well and open a ticket (or at least try.... I feel like the last set of reps I've spoken too got really combative about it.... I've been a VZW customer since before they were VZW lol and never really had trouble on the phone).
Based on this comment and some of the conversations you and I have had in the past, I almost wonder if you are getting a different call center than I am based on our geographical differences. The people I talk to have been extremely knowledgeable, apologetic and helpful. Having said that you always have to talk to level 1 before you can get to level 2, which can be frustrating because level 1 techs do very basic troubleshooting.

I always tell them:

1.) My new phone works for extended periods of times in 3G (sometimes I have to explain that this phone uses a 3G icon instead of an EV icon).
2.) It then will switch to 1x and get stuck in 1x until I reprogram it via *228. I also add that as many as 12 hours have passed with it stuck in 1x, and that a #228 option 1 fixes it.
3.) I explain that I have a laptop with an aircard that is getting a 3G connection, so I know it is not a tower/signal issue.

If I'm talking to a level 1 tech, I'm usually then asked if I can place and receive calls (). After I explain yes, I try to explain that this is only internet related and that my only problem is that I cannot maintain a 3G connection without reprogramming.

I explain that I've already hard reset my phone, I've reprogrammed it several times, and that level 2 support has already done a DMU/password reset. At this point I usually totally lose them and they are happy to transfer me to level 2.

I then have to tell my entire story over again, but after calling them enough times about this they agreed that all the regular things had been done and that a ticket should be opened so the network guys can have a look.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Here's some more info I forgot to add earlier: I noticed that when it was stuck in 1x, even during an active data session, calls were still coming through. I tested this by streaming via WunderRadio continuously and then placing a call to my phone. The 5 different times I tried it the music stopped and the call came through. Now if we are indeed getting a 1x connection, the call should have gone directly to voicemail, right?

Sorry to quote myself here, but since nobody has commented, I would really appreciate it if some of you guys experiencing problems could run this same test. If we are indeed stuck in 1x, we should not be able to receive calls while a data session is ACTIVE (e.g., the data arrows are solid white). The calling party should be sent directly to voicemail. If the incoming call interrupts the active data connection, we are not truly stuck in 1x AFAIK.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Sorry to quote myself here, but since nobody has commented, I would really appreciate it if some of you guys experiencing problems could run this same test. If we are indeed stuck in 1x, we should not be able to receive calls while a data session is ACTIVE (e.g., the data arrows are solid white). The calling party should be sent directly to voicemail. If the incoming call interrupts the active data connection, we are not truly stuck in 1x AFAIK.
Next time I get stuck I'll make sure I try that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (Returned)

PPCGeek01 is a n00b

Quote:
Quote:
Next time I get stuck I'll make sure I try that.
Ditto. I must've missed that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

chlodad is a n00b

Quote:
Choldad.... when you are NOT roaming on VZW, does your Sprint TP2 get stuck in 1X on Sprint's network? That might tell us something if it does. If that's the case we may be looking at a hardware problem since we'd be having the same problem on two different networks with two different radio firmwares BUT the same physical radio in the phone, etc...
I am in a town (Flagstaff,Az) where Sprint does not have 3G, so all I see and get is 1X on Sprint network, I have not seen any post yet that Sprint 3G networks are having this issue.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Almost a VIP

There's a whole bunch of reg keys at HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA that I'm wondering about in regards to how they affect this issue.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

rp4643 is just getting started

Im stuck again in 1x..I had someonecall me during a data xfer and they got through. Im going to place a call into Verizon.. We have to get to the bottom of this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2