View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 04:25 PM
8notime
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotATreoFan View Post
I'll be sure to do this once I receive my new phone on Tuesday.
Thanks. I'm was a fan of your Fuze ROM's so for selfish reasons I hope you stay with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodracer View Post
4. press and hold preferred mode system and then hit edit
5. set it to automatic
6. save it and let it reset
see if this works for you
I just came up with this today so it has not been fully tested so if you wanna test it go ahead and post back with results
This is the same as going in to the phone options menu and changing your network service setting. Unfortunately forcing it to one or the other hasn't fixed it for me in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
I'm going to call on Monday as well and open a ticket (or at least try.... I feel like the last set of reps I've spoken too got really combative about it.... I've been a VZW customer since before they were VZW lol and never really had trouble on the phone).
Based on this comment and some of the conversations you and I have had in the past, I almost wonder if you are getting a different call center than I am based on our geographical differences. The people I talk to have been extremely knowledgeable, apologetic and helpful. Having said that you always have to talk to level 1 before you can get to level 2, which can be frustrating because level 1 techs do very basic troubleshooting.

I always tell them:

1.) My new phone works for extended periods of times in 3G (sometimes I have to explain that this phone uses a 3G icon instead of an EV icon).
2.) It then will switch to 1x and get stuck in 1x until I reprogram it via *228. I also add that as many as 12 hours have passed with it stuck in 1x, and that a #228 option 1 fixes it.
3.) I explain that I have a laptop with an aircard that is getting a 3G connection, so I know it is not a tower/signal issue.

If I'm talking to a level 1 tech, I'm usually then asked if I can place and receive calls (). After I explain yes, I try to explain that this is only internet related and that my only problem is that I cannot maintain a 3G connection without reprogramming.

I explain that I've already hard reset my phone, I've reprogrammed it several times, and that level 2 support has already done a DMU/password reset. At this point I usually totally lose them and they are happy to transfer me to level 2.

I then have to tell my entire story over again, but after calling them enough times about this they agreed that all the regular things had been done and that a ticket should be opened so the network guys can have a look.