View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 04:31 PM
8notime
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Here's some more info I forgot to add earlier: I noticed that when it was stuck in 1x, even during an active data session, calls were still coming through. I tested this by streaming via WunderRadio continuously and then placing a call to my phone. The 5 different times I tried it the music stopped and the call came through. Now if we are indeed getting a 1x connection, the call should have gone directly to voicemail, right?

Sorry to quote myself here, but since nobody has commented, I would really appreciate it if some of you guys experiencing problems could run this same test. If we are indeed stuck in 1x, we should not be able to receive calls while a data session is ACTIVE (e.g., the data arrows are solid white). The calling party should be sent directly to voicemail. If the incoming call interrupts the active data connection, we are not truly stuck in 1x AFAIK.