PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having trouble staying in 3G? Is your VZW TP2 getting stuck in 1X mode?
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 16 7.27%
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X but I did NOT have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 117 53.18%
No, no problems here AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 7 3.18%
No, no problems here and I never had a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 80 36.36%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I couldn't take this issue any longer and swapped my beloved TP2 for the Droid yesterday. It has a solid 3G signal, but god do I HATE THE KEYBOARD!!!! I am going to keep giving it a chance, but right now that's how I feel about it.

As for Verizon fixing this, I wouldn't get your hopes up. They have huge inventory issues with this phone, that are not being resolved, and getting Verizon and HTC on the same page, let alone acknowledge this issue will take months. One of the main things against us, is the fact that when you first activate the phone, it will likely connect to 3G no problem. It's only after continued use will you experience this. Unless there are a bunch of execs running around with problematic Touch Pro 2's at Verizon, this issue will never get any attention. And I assure you, execs at Verizon could give a flip about the Touch Pro 2. Almost every employee at Verizon carries a Blackberry.
I know they're all about the BB but at least it's a start...
Old 11-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's hard to understand what the common denominator is here. Some have switched to 6.5 with an improvement and some with none. It sounds like no one is getting help from htc or verizon. I dread getting my tp2 infected with this affliction. I wouldn't know what to do other than to try and flash it away and back to 3g.
It is a for real 1x speed then right, and not just an icon swap? Sorry for the dumb question, but I did not wade thru this whole thread yet.
Ultimately if I get this and cannot fix it I'd have to get a diff device. Being on the largest 3g newtwork would be kind of pointless without the 3g capability.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

spaceboy is keeping up the good workspaceboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
How long ago did you do this?
Around 11pm on yesterday 11-09-2009 (it was right after the ROM was release and I flashed it).

I just flashed to another ROM to see if it goes back to the 1X behavior and will report back.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I've been getting this more and more often now, but I'm not completely stuck like others are. Anytime I get stuck, I soft-reset and it's fixed. I've found that it's usually something that happens that causes me to go to 1x, and at some point, it gets stuck there. I got a text while working on my phone and it got stuck. I also was connecting to data this morning and I think I was between towers and it got kicked to 1X while connecting. Tried to disconnect to see if it went back to 3G but it didn't but a soft reset brought it back and I was then able to connect to 3G for data.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gbruyn is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
Updated first post.

I'm also going to email Kevin, but just a friendly reminder to folks.... if you do, please be polite. I share everyone's frustration but we all know it's not Kevin's fault and I'm thankful he's agreed to try and help us (and thanks to gbruyn for getting us a bit further).
We'll said... be polite and respectful. Kevin is on our side and truely wants to help from what I gathered.

Please give him a detailed report of what's happened and any corrective action that you've done that's been unsuccessful in the long run.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
It's hard to understand what the common denominator is here. Some have switched to 6.5 with an improvement and some with none. It sounds like no one is getting help from htc or verizon. I dread getting my tp2 infected with this affliction. I wouldn't know what to do other than to try and flash it away and back to 3g.
It is a for real 1x speed then right, and not just an icon swap? Sorry for the dumb question, but I did not wade thru this whole thread yet.
Ultimately if I get this and cannot fix it I'd have to get a diff device. Being on the largest 3g newtwork would be kind of pointless without the 3g capability.
Yes, it's been verified that it's indeed 1X speed via tons of speed test from everyone.

Please email Kevin directly and explain the problem and any things that you've tried to do that have been unsuccessful.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Just out of curiosity, do you all have Verizon Visual Voicemail on your account? Also, what DATA plan do you have? The 29.99 Email and Web Plan or their higher end $44.99 plan?

I am on the $29.99 data for Email & Web and I have signed up for the Visual Voicemail service the day I got the TP2. I'm wondering if any of these account settings is related.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

I'm on the lowest minutes (450 I think), $29.99 data, still have the PDA SMS 2000 txt message code , no visual voicemail.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

rp4643 is just getting started

CBreze, your point is well taken. I do understand what you’re saying and you’re not the first person to mention this to me. Not to make an excuse, but I come from a heavy Czech background and English was my worse subject. I'm also dyslexic which doesn’t help.
You are correct, I do need to take more time before sending letters to people that are much more educated and higher up the pole of life then myself. Meanwhile maybe these people that are so much better then I can resolve the issues at hand. So far, they have proved they cannot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp4643 View Post
CBreze, your point is well taken. I do understand what you’re saying and you’re not the first person to mention this to me. Not to make an excuse, but I come from a heavy Czech background and English was my worse subject. I'm also dyslexic which doesn’t help.
You are correct, I do need to take more time before sending letters to people that are much more educated and higher up the pole of life then myself. Meanwhile maybe these people that are so much better then I can resolve the issues at hand. So far, they have proved they cannot.
rp4643, It was nothing more than a friendly tip meant in a constructive way. If I had to write anything in the Czech language I would not get very far. Lol. I admire anyone who can converse in more than one language. My niece and nephew speak several.
Good luck with the 1x issue. As I said I do not have it yet and am keeping my fingers crossed. I love my tp2, but this would not be a tolerable situation at all.
Not sure, but is this an issue with any other formats or carriers? Was wondering about the gsm flavors and sprint also.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2