PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have 1 or more dead pixel on your pro 2?
YES 54 32.93%
NO 110 67.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

I just got my Verizon TP2 today, and it has a dead pixel near the bottom of the screen.

Judging by some of the replies here, I'm not sure if I should consider myself lucky or ask for a replacement...

EDIT: Just realized I have about 8 or 9 more stuck pixels after going to the camera screen... **** this, I'm demanding a replacement.

Last edited by Slack3r; 09-16-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack3r View Post
I just got my Verizon TP2 today, and it has a dead pixel near the bottom of the screen.

Judging by some of the replies here, I'm not sure if I should consider myself lucky or ask for a replacement...

EDIT: Just realized I have about 8 or 9 more stuck pixels after going to the camera screen... **** this, I'm demanding a replacement.

WOW! Another dead pixel screen. I bet the vote is low on dead pixels. Its gotta be more than 1 out of 4. Seems like everyone has a minimum 1 dead or stuck pixel.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well I got my Verizon TP2 today and the black camera revealed a stuck on green pixel in the lower center of the screen(see pics). It is hard to take pics of something like this but you can see it.

My Ghost Armor is due to arrive tomorrow and I am debating putting it on. Verizon has to allow me to return the device within 30 days. Though I don't think I've noticed the stuck pixel with normal use. The TP2's aren't in stores here yet.

What to do what to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stuck1.jpg (170.3 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg stuck2.jpg (110.6 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-16-2009, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jumpnjoeyz is keeping up the good workjumpnjoeyz is keeping up the good work

I have about 6 stuck or dead pixels on my Touch Pro 2 which has been only used for about a week.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluruld View Post
Well I got my Verizon TP2 today and the black camera revealed a stuck on green pixel in the lower center of the screen(see pics). It is hard to take pics of something like this but you can see it.

My Ghost Armor is due to arrive tomorrow and I am debating putting it on. Verizon has to allow me to return the device within 30 days. Though I don't think I've noticed the stuck pixel with normal use. The TP2's aren't in stores here yet.

What to do what to do.
Hmm.............. I saw the pics and thxs for sharing. That pixel is almost dead center. That would annoy me very much. But its all different for all of us. SOme will take absolutely 0 stuck or dead pixels and some will live with 1 to 20 dead or stuck pixels. Again... just remember if you keep it then you rist in having the stuck pixels go dead on you. And dead pixels are pitch black.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

I've actually spotted a few more now... my count is at 16 stuck pixels (all green,) and 1 dead pixel.

What's the best way to go about getting replaced? If I stopped by the Verizon store would they be able to do anything, or do they even have the phones in stock?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

RobsOnLine is a n00b

Quote:
I've actually spotted a few more now... my count is at 16 stuck pixels (all green,) and 1 dead pixel.

What's the best way to go about getting replaced? If I stopped by the Verizon store would they be able to do anything, or do they even have the phones in stock?
If the stores have them in stock, that is the best way. Then you can check it before they even program it. However, a friend of my called every store locally, and they still don't have any. You should check in your area. If not, just call them, and ask them to send a replacement. Tell them you have a defective screen with stuck pixels. I had to talk to someone in the warranty department, but they did not give me any problems the first time around.

I tried to get a replacement for my second TP2 (10 stuck pixels) last night, but Verizon would not ship out another one until they get the second one back. Guess I can wait a couple of more days.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

My 2nd phone is on its way due to 1st with stuck pixels. I did verify no local stores had the TP2 first. Though while on the phone with verizon the tech told me that since I bought the phone online that the stores wouldn't exchange it for me & that I would have to go through online. While I find that unlikely, that's what he told me.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Wind

GDabler is a n00b

i have dead pixels or stuck pixel , in not sure the different between of this 2
is on top of the screen, i can see it clearly when i turn it on , while the screen is black and loading the touch flo
Old 09-17-2009, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

RobsOnLine is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluruld View Post
My 2nd phone is on its way due to 1st with stuck pixels. I did verify no local stores had the TP2 first. Though while on the phone with verizon the tech told me that since I bought the phone online that the stores wouldn't exchange it for me & that I would have to go through online. While I find that unlikely, that's what he told me.
Funny how you will get different stories depending on who you talk too. Last night while talking to the VZW Warranty Department, they told me to go to the store to get a replacement. I told them the stores don't have them yet, so I had to get one from Telesales.

I had to replace my daughter's phone (LG Voyager) last April which I bought through Telesales, and they said I could get a replacement through them or go to a store. I will give you three guesses (and the first two don't count) what my daughter chose to do! An hour later she had a new phone, so I know it can be done.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2