PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Wireless Touch Pro2 Discussion Thread

I have to agree with you 8notime. I've only been with VZW for about three weeks now. I had been with Sprint for a number of years until they really screwed me around so I left them and moved on elsewhere. The new service didn't work out for us so I joined Verizon. Looking on their website I couldn't figure out at all what plan I needed to get, what data plan or how much anything would cost. It was a mess.

I finally called and got some straight answers but what I ended up buying had no relationship to what I was seeing on their website.

My former business partner and his wife were also in the market lately for cell service and I asked them whether they checked out Verizon. His wife said that they had but their plans were just way too expensive and then went with TMO (and really marginal service out here where we live). I told them my story and what I was actually paying and it wasn't but a few dollars more than what they are paying for TMO. But, because of their lousy website and and confusing price listings they lost their business.

Out here in the boonies where we live cell service is spotty even for the services that are here. AT&T does not offer service here, TMO is marginal with only 1xrtt data, Sprint is decent near major highways and interstates but you're on roaming once you get a couple of miles off those types of highways and then you do have voice but no data. VZW has very decent service and data almost everywhere I go even into the rural hinterlands. That's why I took the time to call them to see if I was reading their website wrong. Fact is, I don't think there's a way to read it "right" since their plans and pricing pages are such a convoluted mess.

R
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I agree 100% and thank you for sharing your story. I keep thinking that a company as big as Verizon is bound to revamp their website and pricing plans to be more user friendly someday. Every other aspect of my experience with Verizon has exceeded my expectations.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

WickedWyrm is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

I have the $30 plan and push email from the exchange server works...We asked the verizon corporate accounts manager and he said to go with the $30 plan not the $45
Old 09-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWyrm View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

I have the $30 plan and push email from the exchange server works...We asked the verizon corporate accounts manager and he said to go with the $30 plan not the $45

Do you pay extra for text/video/pic messaging?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2

Jmallit is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Jmallit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Do you pay extra for text/video/pic messaging?
You should only pay extra for the text messaging from the way that my bill works. Your pix and flix are all part of the data plan. When I had my old vogue and had my data disabled for some time I could not receive pix messages or video messages
Old 09-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Almost a VIP

Okay, then how much extra is text messaging? Where I'm going with this, is by the time you add an unlimited text messaging plan to the $30 plan, aren't you back at the same price and the unlimited PDA plan? Maybe some people don't text like I do, and don't care about that as much.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Okay, then how much extra is text messaging? Where I'm going with this, is by the time you add an unlimited text messaging plan to the $30 plan, aren't you back at the same price and the unlimited PDA plan? Maybe some people don't text like I do, and don't care about that as much.
I can't answer that fairly becuase of my company discount the prices are different.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmallit View Post
I can't answer that fairly becuase of my company discount the prices are different.
fair enough

The only reason I ask is I've spent a lot of time trying to make my unlimited voice and data plan come to less than 149 a month & I've never been successful no matter how I combine the different plans together.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I definitly understand your point. That is the one place that Sprint has everyone is their everything unlimited for 100 bucks a month.

Being in the same area I am sure that the prices your getting would be similiar to those that I would get if not for the corparate discount.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Vzw

eburrito is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWyrm View Post
Same here. I'm on the $29.99 plan and wireless sync with my corp exchange server is flawless. I just moved over from a blackberry and can't tell a difference between the BES push and wireless sync. Good stuff.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2